Backlog
The smell is lovely. Rose and bergamot all the way, drizzled with slight chocolate smooth like satin. For when I drank it, I got an incredibly smooth rosy Earl Grey. It is malty, but not overly malty as others that I’ve had. I think I have the rose and thank for that and what was left of the chocolate that was hiding into the black tea. But the rose more than makes up for it.

The lack of chocolate in that cup was my only drawback. Otherwise, I do think that this tea was incredibly successful in being a Valentines day tea. I kinda wish I have more because I cannot get enough of its smell.

Obviously, I’m going to try this again for what I have left of the sample. But I do wonder if there are any other good chocolate Earl Grey’s out there? If not, I’m still pretty happy with the taste of this tea.

Flavors: Bergamot, Cocoa, Earl Grey, Malt, Rose, Smooth, Sweet

S.G. Sanders

Rosy Earl Grey teas are nice! With chocolate? That sounds splendid!

Daylon R Thomas

I know, right? I’ve been looking for this EXACT combo for a while. Just a hint more chocolate and this would be perfect.

K S

Chocolate teas seldom work for me. They just can’t get enough to satisfy. Rose and Earl Grey together? Mind blown. I would never have thought of this combination. Is thee enough bergamot to please a EG junkie? Sounds interesting.

Daylon R Thomas

All of Quarter to Tea’s Earl Greys have strong bergamot, and I can overwhelmingly taste it in this cup with the roses. I’ve actually found rose Earl Greys pretty often on French tea vendors. A French Earl Grey itself is Earl Grey with rose petals thrown in. Chocolate is where my mind is blown, and what I’ve been looking for. I’ve also been searching for Earl Grey Hot Chocolate.

Comments

S.G. Sanders

Rosy Earl Grey teas are nice! With chocolate? That sounds splendid!

K S

First Off, Current Targets:
Taiwan Sourcing Luxurious Jade Sampler (FRICKIN’ PRICEY)
Taiwan Sourcing Longhan Nectar Red Oolong

The best Alishan and or Lishan for the best price
The best Jade Oolong Period.
The best Dancong Period.

What-Cha:
Nepal Jun Chiyabari ‘Himalayan Tippy’ Black Tea
Lishan (I’m always stocking up on it)

My wish list is fairly accurate though it is broad.

Current Favorites:

Dayuling

Beautiful Taiwan Tea Co.:
“Old Style” Dong Ding

Me:

I am an MSU graduate about to become a high school social studies and history teacher. I formerly minored in anthropology, and I love Egyptian and classical history. I love to read, write, draw, paint, sculpt, fence(with a sword), workout, relax, and drink a cuppa tea…or twenty.

I’ve been drinking green and black teas ever since I was little living in Hawaii with a dominant Eastern Asian influence. I’ve come a long way since I began on steepster and now drink most teas gong fu, especially oolong. Any tea that is naturally creamy, fruity, or sweet without a lot of added flavoring ranks as a must have for me. I also love black teas and dark oolongs with the elusive “cocoa” note. My favorites are lighter Earl Greys, some white teas like What-Cha’s Kenyan offerings, most Hong-Cha’s, darker Darjeelings, almost anything from Nepal, Green Shan Lin Xi’s, and Greener Dong Dings. I’m in the process of trying Alishan’s. I also tend to really enjoy Yunnan Black or Red teas and white teas. I’m pickier with other teas like chamomile, green teas, and Masalas among several.

I used to give ratings, but now I only rate teas that have a strong impression on me. If I really like it, I’ll write it down.

I’ll enjoy a tea almost no matter what, even if the purpose is more medicinal, for it is my truest vice and addiction.

Michigan, USA