drank Alishan Oolong by Unytea

Crap! The profile of this tea was basically what I was looking for. Flower creamer sweetened with honey is how I’d describe it. The tea actually opened really quickly compared to other Alishans I’ve had, yet the sweet honey notes developed slower. I brewed this for longer steeping parameters at first, with 35 being my first, 20 my second, and 40 my third, a minute and a half, then three minutes. Despite my overly playful parameters, I got the notes I wanted.

I really enjoyed this tea, and a part of me wishes that I purchased an ounce of this instead of the Chou Shi because it is so much closer to want I wanted. However, I still need to play around with that green oolong. My only complaint with this one might be its longevity. That is not too much of a problem for me, however. It definitely appeals to the tea snob and might not be a bad tea to introduce someone to oolong.

UNYtea

First of all Daylon, I really appreciate your well though out reviews of these teas. Your very honest which is most important when reading tea reviews. Alishan is where my heart is I drink Alishan more than any other tea. Alishan was one of those “tea epiphany” teas for me. A good Alishan can bring me up in my darkest days.

Daylon R Thomas

Same, and thank you :) For me, the fun thing about them is that any gaoshan does not taste exactly the same, though I’ve had some Lishans and Alishans that were really close to each other in taste by having the same lilac florals and little bits of a honey note.

MadHatterTeaDrunk

I taste honeydew when drinking this. I can see the sweetness of honey, and definitely get the floral notes on the palate. Quite an astounding tea.

Comments

UNYtea

Daylon R Thomas

MadHatterTeaDrunk

First Off, Current Targets:
Taiwan Sourcing Luxurious Jade Sampler (FRICKIN’ PRICEY)
Taiwan Sourcing Longhan Nectar Red Oolong

The best Alishan and or Lishan for the best price
The best Jade Oolong Period.
The best Dancong Period.

What-Cha:
Nepal Jun Chiyabari ‘Himalayan Tippy’ Black Tea
Lishan (I’m always stocking up on it)

My wish list is fairly accurate though it is broad.

Current Favorites:

Dayuling

Beautiful Taiwan Tea Co.:
“Old Style” Dong Ding

Me:

I am an MSU graduate about to become a high school social studies and history teacher. I formerly minored in anthropology, and I love Egyptian and classical history. I love to read, write, draw, paint, sculpt, fence(with a sword), workout, relax, and drink a cuppa tea…or twenty.

I’ve been drinking green and black teas ever since I was little living in Hawaii with a dominant Eastern Asian influence. I’ve come a long way since I began on steepster and now drink most teas gong fu, especially oolong. Any tea that is naturally creamy, fruity, or sweet without a lot of added flavoring ranks as a must have for me. I also love black teas and dark oolongs with the elusive “cocoa” note. My favorites are lighter Earl Greys, some white teas like What-Cha’s Kenyan offerings, most Hong-Cha’s, darker Darjeelings, almost anything from Nepal, Green Shan Lin Xi’s, and Greener Dong Dings. I’m in the process of trying Alishan’s. I also tend to really enjoy Yunnan Black or Red teas and white teas. I’m pickier with other teas like chamomile, green teas, and Masalas among several.

I used to give ratings, but now I only rate teas that have a strong impression on me. If I really like it, I’ll write it down.

I’ll enjoy a tea almost no matter what, even if the purpose is more medicinal, for it is my truest vice and addiction.

Michigan, USA