It’s so awesome to have a roommate open to trying tea…and listening to my lecturing about terroir. I got him to try a Bao Zhong and he really liked it. This was all the while we were watching Legend of Kora. He wanted to get through the series since he was a huge fan of the original Avatar. I liked the original more of course, but I warned him that Kora could have been better if the execution of its ideas were better. It infused so many political ideas central to East Asian “modern” history and had interesting dialogues about spirituality and industrialism, but they were not developed to their full potential. The true Iro, Andrew, had to listen to me rant about this on Facebook lol.

So with my roommate’s liking of the Bao Zhong, I used this tea to push him a little further in the world of oolongs. He liked it, but was satisfied with one cup. Fortunately I brewed the remaining leaves even better bringing out a little bit more of the honey floral notes. I saved the rest for this morning and put it in the fridge – which I should not have done to preserve flavor consistency- but the cup certainly was not bad for the sleepy morning. I’m at least alert enough now for a few push ups before the full morning workout. Arms, chest , or legs with a pinched nerve….hmm…

Evol Ving Ness

omigosh, does he know what exactly he is agreeing to? :)

Daylon R Thomas

He has a pretty good idea. He’s seen my collection. I get tea to share so he’ll mooch off of me lol. He has more self restraint than the average American and is more strict with his caffeine than the usual business or finance major. He prefer’s fruity herbals for the most part, but the fruitiness would sell him to the oolong. He is well aware of my own problem with it, however, and I think he’ll just consider trying oolong with a roommate as another part of his college education.

Comments

Evol Ving Ness

omigosh, does he know what exactly he is agreeing to? :)

Daylon R Thomas

First Off, Current Targets:
Taiwan Sourcing Luxurious Jade Sampler (FRICKIN’ PRICEY)
Taiwan Sourcing Longhan Nectar Red Oolong
Berylleb Dayuling and Dong Ding Jin Xuan
The best coconut/pineapple oolong I can find
The best Alishan and or Lishan for the best price
The best Jade Oolong Period.
Drunken Green Dragon J-Tea
My wish list is fairly accurate though it is broad.

Current Favorites:

Dayuling

Beautiful Taiwan Tea Co.:
“Old Style” Dong Ding

Me:

I am an MSU student studying to become a high school social studies and history teacher with a minor in anthropology. I unfortunately dropped the anthropology minor, but I am and will continue to be an anthropologist as well as a historian. I love to read, write, draw, paint, sculpt, fence(with a sword), workout, relax, and drink a cuppa tea…or twenty.

I’ve been drinking green and black teas ever since I was little living in Hawaii with a dominant Eastern Asian influence. I’ve come a long way since I began on steepster and now have a better idea of the teas I absolutely prefer. Any tea that is naturally creamy, fruity, or sweet without a lot of added flavoring ranks as a must have for me. I also love black teas and dark oolongs with the elusive “cocoa” note. My favorites are lighter Earl Greys, some white teas like What-Cha’s Kenyan offerings, most Hong-Cha’s, darker Darjeelings, Green Shan Lin Xi’s, and Greener Dong Dings. I’m in the process of trying Alishan’s. I also tend to really enjoy Yunnan Black or Red teas and white teas. I’m pickier with other teas like chamomile, green teas, and Masalas among several.

I used to give ratings, but now I only rate teas that have a strong impression on me. If I really like it, I’ll write it down.

I’ll enjoy a tea almost no matter what, even if the purpose is more medicinal, for it is my truest vice and addiction.

Michigan, USA