I did not expect to be pleased with this tea. I was looking for a new jacket for my brother a T.J. Maxx, and I know that they usually have some solid teas on discount, so I opted to see what they had. I’ve wanted to try this for a while and it was two dollars cheaper than it normally was, and the box was neglected and dogeared. It was the only box, my brother and I were going to play Dark Souls III, and it was the last night of my spring break, so I needed some comfort. I’m glad I took the shot for that dogeared box.

I’ve gone through half the box already with my bro. It is dry and it was what you might expect, but a few of the many cups were smooth and silky. I brewed this in a teapot instead of the cup, never mind that is how tea should be brewed anyway. Woody, smooth red rooibos blended well with the vanilla and the cocoa making this welcomed. You could taste the cocoa for sure and it bordered on being like hot cocoa, but woodier. The bag might make this tea taste a little too cardboardy for some along with the woody rooibos ,but it was a nice break from tannin and provided just enough sweetness to avert my craving for coffee.

I will say that I’m not sure if this is strong enough for a latte. My bro added cream and sugar to his and I can barely taste the tea. Maybe use two bags in a pot, and then use properly steamed milk or just the slightest hint of creamer with sugar. I’m enjoying as is plain, and my mother likes it with just a spoon full of sugar.

First Off, Current Targets:
Taiwan Sourcing Luxurious Jade Sampler (FRICKIN’ PRICEY)
Taiwan Sourcing Longhan Nectar Red Oolong

The best Alishan and or Lishan for the best price
The best Jade Oolong Period.
The best Dancong Period.

What-Cha:
Nepal Jun Chiyabari ‘Himalayan Tippy’ Black Tea
Lishan (I’m always stocking up on it)

My wish list is fairly accurate though it is broad.

Current Favorites:

Dayuling

Beautiful Taiwan Tea Co.:
“Old Style” Dong Ding

Me:

I am an MSU graduate about to become a high school social studies and history teacher. I formerly minored in anthropology, and I love Egyptian and classical history. I love to read, write, draw, paint, sculpt, fence(with a sword), workout, relax, and drink a cuppa tea…or twenty.

I’ve been drinking green and black teas ever since I was little living in Hawaii with a dominant Eastern Asian influence. I’ve come a long way since I began on steepster and now drink most teas gong fu, especially oolong. Any tea that is naturally creamy, fruity, or sweet without a lot of added flavoring ranks as a must have for me. I also love black teas and dark oolongs with the elusive “cocoa” note. My favorites are lighter Earl Greys, some white teas like What-Cha’s Kenyan offerings, most Hong-Cha’s, darker Darjeelings, almost anything from Nepal, Green Shan Lin Xi’s, and Greener Dong Dings. I’m in the process of trying Alishan’s. I also tend to really enjoy Yunnan Black or Red teas and white teas. I’m pickier with other teas like chamomile, green teas, and Masalas among several.

I used to give ratings, but now I only rate teas that have a strong impression on me. If I really like it, I’ll write it down.

I’ll enjoy a tea almost no matter what, even if the purpose is more medicinal, for it is my truest vice and addiction.

Michigan, USA