Thank you so much Andrew!

I was curious about these. I had a feeling they would be a cross between a Jing Mai Sheng and an Oriental Beauty, and they were. I played with this one starting out with short steeps, then lengthened time to three minutes after steep three, then five minutes. It could get a little astringent, but barely. The texture was very smooth, and the taste was dominantly floral with a sweet-sour like apricot fruitiness. It definitely leaned more Jing Mai then oolong for me, but it had the cleaner and smoother body of an oolong overall. The orb also lasted me the day, so you can play ball for it nearly as long as you like.

Sad news though: my glass gaiwan, my only gaiwan broke because the glass was cold from the forty degree weather seeping into the house going against hot water for a rinse. I rinse my utensils for the very reason of warming them up and not breaking them. Hopefully I can find a new one because Gaiwans really make the difference in the quality of my teas.

First Off, Current Targets:
Taiwan Sourcing Luxurious Jade Sampler (FRICKIN’ PRICEY)
Taiwan Sourcing Longhan Nectar Red Oolong

The best Alishan and or Lishan for the best price
The best Jade Oolong Period.
The best Dancong Period.

What-Cha:
Nepal Jun Chiyabari ‘Himalayan Tippy’ Black Tea
Lishan (I’m always stocking up on it)

My wish list is fairly accurate though it is broad.

Current Favorites:

Dayuling

Beautiful Taiwan Tea Co.:
“Old Style” Dong Ding

Me:

I am an MSU graduate about to become a high school social studies and history teacher. I formerly minored in anthropology, and I love Egyptian and classical history. I love to read, write, draw, paint, sculpt, fence(with a sword), workout, relax, and drink a cuppa tea…or twenty.

I’ve been drinking green and black teas ever since I was little living in Hawaii with a dominant Eastern Asian influence. I’ve come a long way since I began on steepster and now drink most teas gong fu, especially oolong. Any tea that is naturally creamy, fruity, or sweet without a lot of added flavoring ranks as a must have for me. I also love black teas and dark oolongs with the elusive “cocoa” note. My favorites are lighter Earl Greys, some white teas like What-Cha’s Kenyan offerings, most Hong-Cha’s, darker Darjeelings, almost anything from Nepal, Green Shan Lin Xi’s, and Greener Dong Dings. I’m in the process of trying Alishan’s. I also tend to really enjoy Yunnan Black or Red teas and white teas. I’m pickier with other teas like chamomile, green teas, and Masalas among several.

I used to give ratings, but now I only rate teas that have a strong impression on me. If I really like it, I’ll write it down.

I’ll enjoy a tea almost no matter what, even if the purpose is more medicinal, for it is my truest vice and addiction.

Michigan, USA