drank Jasmine Green Tea by Trader Joe's

This was the very first box of tea I bought back around 2002 once I started venturing away from the unsweetened Lipton iced tea brewed by my friends. I used to keep a box at my grandma’s to drink while she’d teach me how to cook Greek dishes and pastries. I’ve gone through many boxes since then.

Honestly, it’s not bad. The jasmine is not overwhelming and the liquor is kind of tart like elderflower and a little biscuity. Kind of a golden brown cup. Good in a pinch as long as you have low temperature water, otherwise it’s Bitter City. Good cold-brewed 2 bags to a liter overnight. The best part about the tea is the quote on the back of the pouch: “…She had that brand of pragmatism that would find her the first brewing tea after Armageddon.” —Clive Barker, Weaver-World

175 °F / 79 °C 1 min, 30 sec 10 OZ / 295 ML
Mastress Alita

That is a really beautiful quote. I always love the silly instructions Steven Smith Teamaker puts on their tea boxes, too, like this one from their Meadow blend: “Bring filtered water to a rolling boil. Steep 5 minutes while pretending you’re Van Gogh painting in Arlos.”

Comments

Mastress Alita

Abandoned the rating system again. Too much work.

Great tea is unforgettable. Good tea is sometimes forgettable. Mediocre tea is forgettable unless I’ve drank enough of it to form an impression. Bad tea is unforgettable, unfortunately.

California, USA