drank Rice Aroma Ripe Pu'er by Mandala Tea

Gone gaiwan. 5g, 100mL, 212F. Short rinse followed by 7 steeps at 15s/25/30/45/1m/1m30/5?m

This is a nice, mellow shou, fragrant and comforting. The base tea is rather savory and not very sweet. It lacks off-putting aromas and tastes. Works well with the sticky rice herb which is not overpowering, though it is looking old. The first four steeps were the richest and the last 3 were not too watery. Despite me not considering this a sweet tea, there was a strong lingering sweetness in the back of the mouth. It was good for drinking at night which is what I purchased it for. Not too much focus was required, it was relatively short-lived and seemed low in caffeine. Prit-tay good.

Boiling 5 g 3 OZ / 100 ML
eastkyteaguy

I’ve been meaning to try this one for a while. I don’t drink pu’erh frequently, but I’m way bigger on shou than sheng. I tend to like what Mandala Tea offers. They’re kind of famous around these parts for their Milk Oolong and their pu’erh.

derk

I’ve had several of their shou over the course of a few years. They were all very clean and of excellent quality. The milk oolong wasn’t my jam but I can see why so many people love it.

eastkyteaguy

I used to love the milk oolong, but I’ve neither reviewed it nor consumed any of it in at least two years.

Mastress Alita

I have a different sticky rice herb pu-ehr, and I love to make it as a tea, then use the tea as the water my Minute Rice soaks up as a quick snack. The tea is also one of my favorite ramen broths.

Comments

eastkyteaguy

derk

Mastress Alita

i am tea as you are tea

Some current non-tea explorations include alto sax, powerlifting, rock climbing.

If we ever meet for tea, I will definitely smile.

Most enjoyment:

Wuyi and Taiwanese oolong, GABA oolong, sheng and shou puerh, Yunnan and Wuyi blacks, Laoshan green. I also appreciate Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai, Darjeeling and Nepali teas, bagged tea and herbal teas/tisanes.

I take my teas without milks or sweeteners except sometimes chai and the rare London Fog or matcha latte. I generally steep a tea until it has no more to give.

I’ll try anything once because it helps me learn. Not opposed to well placed herbs, flowers, fruity bits and flavorings. Just nothing cloying especially banana, caramel, coconut, cinnamon or maple. And no added sugars, sweeteners, candy or chocolate.

Preference reference: