drank Japanese Sencha by Harney & Sons

I think this came in the SF Tea Fest goodie bag.

The dry leaf inside the sachet looked quite dark and shiny and smelled like anise, pine, seaweed, grass and a nutty note. The brewed aroma was very similar and also had a pungent umami presence. Following Harney’s brewing recommendation, the very pale yellow-green liquor tasted of grass, seaweed, nuttiness and wood that was a little bitter on the sip. The finish was sour in the back of the mouth and drying, reminding me of granny smith apple skins.

This seems like a pretty solid sachet. It was easy drinking and I was able to get two steeps. I don’t think I’d seek it out but if offered a cup, I would gladly accept.

160 °F / 71 °C 3 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

i am tea as you are tea

Some current non-tea explorations include alto sax, powerlifting, rock climbing.

If we ever meet for tea, I will definitely smile.

Most enjoyment:

Wuyi and Taiwanese oolong, GABA oolong, sheng and shou puerh, Yunnan and Wuyi blacks, Laoshan green. I also appreciate Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai, Darjeeling and Nepali teas, bagged tea and herbal teas/tisanes.

I take my teas without milks or sweeteners except sometimes chai and the rare London Fog or matcha latte. I generally steep a tea until it has no more to give.

I’ll try anything once because it helps me learn. Not opposed to well placed herbs, flowers, fruity bits and flavorings. Just nothing cloying especially banana, caramel, coconut, cinnamon or maple. And no added sugars, sweeteners, candy or chocolate.

Preference reference: