drank Bavarian Wild Berry by Lipton

After finishing a cup of Mighty Leaf Wild Berry Hibiscus, I was in the mood for more berry so went straight for this gift from Mastress Alita.

The dry sachet smelled like a berry and spice scented candle but it was very pleasant. The brewed tea smelled very berry leaning artificial strawberry. It was complex beneath that with hints of some of the other ingredients like orange, cinnamon and chicory. The liquor was medium-bodied and tasted mostly of a tart 3-berry flavoring (strawberry, blueberry and blackberry) with a typical Lipton base flavor. It was pretty good until I got close to the bottom of the cup when it became biting in the throat and left a weird feeling on my tongue, maybe from the food starch. Not bad but too artificial for my tastes. It did, however, fill the very berry void.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 10 OZ / 295 ML
gmathis

I agree…Lipton’s upscale series in the pyramid bags is not stellar, but definitely will do.

derk

I actually haven’t tried any other of Lipton’s sachets. Do you have a recommendation?

Mastress Alita

I had never had them before, I think a volunteer at my library donated them to me and I was pleasantly surprised. Like, they weren’t great compared to other teas, but by Lipton standards, they were… actually not so bad? And certainly better than some other bagged teas I’ve tried. I’d take those over many of the grocery store bagged teas that are crushed-to-death teas in the paper bags that make my water taste like cardboard. Sadly this particular one was discontinued, but I’d be down to try other sachet-style Lipton, too.

Comments

gmathis

derk

Mastress Alita

Always up for a trade. I keep an updated cupboard. Check it out. Don’t be shy. Message me if you want to try something :)

Most enjoyment:

Wuyi and Taiwanese oolong, sheng and shou puerh, Yunnan and Wuyi blacks, Laoshan green. I also appreciate Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai, Darjeeling and Nepali teas, bagged tea and herbal teas/tisanes.

I take my teas without milks or sweeteners except sometimes chai and the rare London Fog or matcha latte. I generally steep a tea until it has no more to give.

I’ll try anything once because it helps me learn. Not opposed to well placed herbs, flowers, fruity bits and flavorings. Just nothing cloying especially banana, caramel, coconut, cinnamon or maple.

Preference reference:

89-80: Fits my profile well enough to buy again.
69-60: Not necessarily a bad tea but one that I won’t buy again.

Sonoma County, California, USA