This is one of those things I’d never consider buying especially since I live in an area with, no joke, 18-20 Thai restaurants in a 5 block radius. This is Thai food and tea heaven. But here I sit in my cold apartment, plugging away at all the work due before finals start, and I can’t be assed to leave to get food or drink until I have to leave for class later this evening. This is one of those times when ‘instant’ anything is appreciated, so I pull out this gift from Mastress Alita. Thank you :)

Upon opening the bag and pouring the contents into the mug, I’m hit with a cloud of cotton candy and vanilla-scented powdery whisps floating through the air. I waft the airborne particles closer and a sudden feeling of comfort arises within me. I pour 200mL of boiling water into the mug and stir, seconds later beholding a magic potion of that unmistakable creamy Thai tea color. It smells so good, like being at the fair — cotton candy, powdered sugar, marshmallows, vanilla cream — and it tastes just the same with only a hint of Thai tea base. So smooth and creamy, sweet and comforting and consumed very quickly. I now have the resolve to continue with my studies.

I love when things like this surprise me.

Boiling 35 g 7 OZ / 200 ML
Mastress Alita

I like these in winter because I think they taste like a “vanilla” version of hot chocolate more than Thai tea, hahaha. All that vanilla, creamed milk, and sugar, and ya, the tea flavor is pretty lost. It’s a guilty pleasure sort of thing.

derk

Definitely a guilty pleasure. Where did you buy this anyway? I want to get some shipped to my new place, which won’t be amid a Thai wonderland.

Mastress Alita

I bought mine from this online shop… which, oddly enough, is only two hours away from where I live, hahaha. (They are out of Boise, I’m noticing!)

Ya, I don’t have any “foreign food” shops in my little Idaho town. There is a Thai restaurant here (my Thanksgiving dinner every year is me getting take-out there the Wednesday following and eating the leftovers for the following four days!) but I don’t go there often. I usually get Thai when I’m on vacation, and then I always get my Thai tea iced. I prefer this little insta-packets warm, though!

Excellent, thank you.

Comments

Mastress Alita

Excellent, thank you.

Always up for a trade. I keep an updated cupboard. Check it out. Don’t be shy. Message me if you want to try something :)

Most enjoyment:

Wuyi and Taiwanese oolong, sheng and shou puerh, Yunnan and Wuyi blacks, Laoshan green. I also appreciate Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai, Darjeeling and Nepali teas, bagged tea and herbal teas/tisanes. I take my teas without milks or sweeteners except sometimes chai and the rare London Fog or matcha latte. I generally steep a tea until it has no more to give.

I’ll try anything once because it helps me learn. Not opposed to well placed herbs, flowers, fruity bits and flavorings. Just nothing cloying especially banana, caramel, coconut, cinnamon or maple.

Preference reference:

100-90: A tea I can lose myself into. Something about it makes me slow down and appreciate not only the tea but all of life or a moment in time.
89-80: Fits my profile well enough to buy again.
69-60: Won’t buy again.
59-1: Lacking several elements, has off flavors, lacks flavor, or something about it makes me not want to finish.

San Francisco, California, USA