drank Honeybush by Numi Organic Tea

First time having straight honeybush. It’s… good? A lot like rooibos but not woody? Smells more like honey than it tastes. My cup was drying which made me sad but that might be because I accidentally let the bag steep for several minutes beyond the suggested 4-5. Eh. Enjoyable enough as a late-night brew.

Boiling 8 min or more 8 OZ / 236 ML
gmathis

That is a great description of honeybush!

derk

Not sure if joking. I was a little lost with this one.

Comments

gmathis

That is a great description of honeybush!

derk

Not sure if joking. I was a little lost with this one.

Most enjoyment:

Wuyi and Taiwanese oolong, GABA oolong, sheng and shou puerh, Yunnan and Wuyi blacks, Laoshan green. I also appreciate Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai, Darjeeling and Nepali teas, bagged tea and herbal teas/tisanes.

I take my teas without milks or sweeteners except sometimes chai and the rare London Fog or matcha latte. I generally steep a tea until it has no more to give.

I’ll try anything once because it helps me learn. Not opposed to well placed herbs, flowers, fruity bits and flavorings. Just nothing cloying especially banana, caramel, coconut, cinnamon or maple. And no added sugars, sweeteners, candy or chocolate.

Preference reference: