drank Breathe Deep by Yogi Tea

I’m feeling a little under the weather tonight so I thought I’d see what Yogi could do for me.

I like the herbal, dry medicinal scent of the bag in the package. First sip of this is gross. Thick and syrupy. Oh, licorice root is the first ingredient. Well that clears up quickly because of the other ingredients. On subsequent sips, they present a drying, herbal quality which cuts the sweetness. The licorice does hang around, though, around my salivary glands, back of the tongue and because of the sinus opening qualities of the eucalyptus and thyme, it also wafts up into my sniffer. Blergh. I’d be more content if it stayed in just the mouth.

This tea seems fine for 1) light stuffiness or 2) stuffiness that is so severe you won’t be able to taste or breathe into your sinuses that licorice root. Honestly, I’d rather drink two leaves and a bud Peppermint for its clean and pure menthol sinus-opening ability but the eucalyptus, thyme and tulsi are good additions to this ‘breathing blend.’ I’d like to see those 4 ingredients together.

Boiling 8 min or more 8 OZ / 236 ML

Feel better soon, derk!

Thankee-sai

:D
Stephen King

Mastress Alita

Did the licorice root at least give you some expectorant qualities to free up some mucus from your throat?

derk

I wasn’t aware licorice root is used as an expectorant but I do know it is used to soothe a sore throat. I’m not full of mucus so I didn’t notice that effect but it didn’t give me any relief from a sore throat.

Mastress Alita

Ah. Ya, it is one of those old timey herbal remedies used as an expectorant. My favorite throat tea is a peppermint/licorice root/clove blend!

Comments

Kawaii433

Feel better soon, derk!

Thankee-sai

:D
Stephen King

Mastress Alita

Always up for a trade. I keep an updated cupboard. Check it out. Don’t be shy. Message me if you want to try something :)

Most enjoyment:

Wuyi and Taiwanese oolong, sheng and shou puerh, Yunnan and Wuyi blacks, Laoshan green. I also appreciate Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai, Darjeeling and Nepali teas, bagged tea and herbal teas/tisanes.

I take my teas without milks or sweeteners except sometimes chai and the rare London Fog or matcha latte. I generally steep a tea until it has no more to give.

I’ll try anything once because it helps me learn. Not opposed to well placed herbs, flowers, fruity bits and flavorings. Just nothing cloying especially banana, caramel, coconut, cinnamon or maple.

Preference reference:

100-90: A tea I can lose myself into. Something about it makes me slow down and appreciate not only the tea but all of life or a moment in time.
89-80: Fits my profile well enough to buy again.
69-60: Not necessarily a bad tea but one that I won’t buy again.

Sonoma County, California, USA