I rode my bike around town today and everything was fine until I got to the credit union to open a new account. I’m at the tail end of some kind of cold and just when I stepped into banker’s office, a coughing fit hit hard and I had to excuse myself from opening a new account today. Now my voice is all froggy again, so I’m having a cup of this because it does actually seem to placate and coat my angry throat.

Yeah, it smells and tastes a lot like licorice but I kind of like it — the sweetness is tolerable.
And there’s fennel. Strong enough to balance those cool aromas and flavors is a good hit of floral cinnamon. There’s also a kind of nutty aftertaste. Is that from the marshmallow root or slippery elm? I’ve not had either before.

This was a good night cap to sip on right after I took a shot of whiskey and laid down last night.

Boiling 8 min or more 8 OZ / 236 ML

Always up for a trade. I keep an updated cupboard. Check it out. Don’t be shy. Message me if you want to try something :)

Most enjoyment:

Wuyi and Taiwanese oolong, sheng and shou puerh, Yunnan and Wuyi blacks, Laoshan green. I also appreciate Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai, Darjeeling and Nepali teas, bagged tea and herbal teas/tisanes.

I take my teas without milks or sweeteners except sometimes chai and the rare London Fog or matcha latte. I generally steep a tea until it has no more to give.

I’ll try anything once because it helps me learn. Not opposed to well placed herbs, flowers, fruity bits and flavorings. Just nothing cloying especially banana, caramel, coconut, cinnamon or maple.

Preference reference:

100-90: A tea I can lose myself into. Something about it makes me slow down and appreciate not only the tea but all of life or a moment in time.
89-80: Fits my profile well enough to buy again.
69-60: Not necessarily a bad tea but one that I won’t buy again.

Sonoma County, California, USA