Whoa, there’s 9g of tea in this sachet. I didn’t even think of cutting it open to brew a smaller amount. Instead, I made 3-12oz mugs, taking note of how I felt after the first cup since yerba maté often doesn’t agree with my disposition — I think Mastress Alita termed that effect as ‘Wanting to Punch a Baby.’

I was cooking like a madwoman (roasted acorn squash, black bean and chipotle enchiladas with sautéed onions, bell peppers and summer squash on the side) with a dog who has clearly never worked in a kitchen in her life and 2 very sick people in the house who were arguing with each other. Despite this whirlwind, I didn’t lose my cool and drank all three mugs of this Blue Detox.

The dry bag smelled pungent and musty with some faint whiffs of pineapple. Brewed up it was nice and light non-cooling mint and pineapple tastes. Some grassiness and earthiness from the yerba maté and green rooibos? I have never had it. There was more going on underneath it all. Surprisingly tasty! And no punching of babies but now that I’m sitting down, I am feeling a bit irritated.

Thanks for sharing, Kawaii433 :)

190 °F / 87 °C 3 min, 0 sec 9 g 12 OZ / 354 ML
Mastress Alita

One of the Twitch streamers I follow has a set of emotes that are a boxing glove and a crying baby, cleverly named “Punchy” and “DaBaby”. Shame I can’t use the Punchy DaBaby emote combo here on Steepster.

Comments

Mastress Alita

Most enjoyment:

Wuyi and Taiwanese oolong, GABA oolong, sheng and shou puerh, Yunnan and Wuyi blacks, Laoshan green. I also appreciate Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai, Darjeeling and Nepali teas, bagged tea and herbal teas/tisanes.

I take my teas without milks or sweeteners except sometimes chai and the rare London Fog or matcha latte. I generally steep a tea until it has no more to give.

I’ll try anything once because it helps me learn. Not opposed to well placed herbs, flowers, fruity bits and flavorings. Just nothing cloying especially banana, caramel, coconut, cinnamon or maple. And no added sugars, sweeteners, candy or chocolate.

Preference reference: