drank Limeflower by Ahmad Tea

Bought a box of this to see how it would compare to Dammann Frères Tilleul (Lime Blossom). As I’m sitting here sipping, I’m thinking if I could only have one herbal tea in my arsenal, it would be linden/limeflower/tilleul. There’s something about it… So relaxing. That sweet-tart nectary linden bouquet is amplified in the mouth with every exhalation through the nose. It just… derk settles

What would your one herbal tea pick be?

This one is excellent and could be a fallback to the Dammann Frères, that is if I can order it online or get a store around here to carry it. I bought the tea in San Francisco and have since moved. While not nearly as intense in aroma as DF, it’s still as floral and sweet in the mouth with a hint of woody astringency and a delayed returning sweetness in the throat. Syrupy mouthfeel. The bouquet reminds me of the only perfume I own, Dolce & Gabbana The One.

Oh looky, Limeflower is available online.

I am content.

Additional notes: The bag contains mostly crushed material while DF’s sachet is full of fluffy pompom blossoms, the bract that surrounds the flower and larger pieces of broken leaf. When I poked the spent Ahmad teabag with my finger, a short syrupy string accompanied my finger as I pulled it away. Sweet stuff. Liquor color of champagne with a light blush.

Flavors: Flowers, Nectar, Sweet, Tart, Wood

205 °F / 96 °C 5 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML
Kawaii433

I was sick when I tried this. I should remove my rating to be fair. BTW, it helped me that night with my chest congestion. It really did decrease mucus production for that one night.

derk

Nah, don’t remove your rating. It is pretty floral which isn’t one of your favorite profiles, right? Glad the tea helped with your congestion!

Kawaii433

I already did. :P I left my review up though. I remember just tasting honey mostly. I have only tried a handful of herbal teas but probably ginger because it helps with my motion sickness.

Kawaii433

Just in case I confuse you again (haha). The ginger answer was to your question: What would your one herbal tea pick be?

derk

heh, no confusion there. I get carsick when I’m the passenger while driving on mountain roads. Never thought to bring a mug-o-ginger with me!

Comments

Kawaii433

i am tea as you are tea

Some current non-tea explorations include alto sax, powerlifting, rock climbing.

If we ever meet for tea, I will definitely smile.

Trades are on hold until I work through a bunch!

[Always up for a trade. I keep an updated cupboard. Check it out. Don’t be shy. Message me if you want to try something :)]

Most enjoyment:

Wuyi and Taiwanese oolong, sheng and shou puerh, Yunnan and Wuyi blacks, Laoshan green. I also appreciate Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai, Darjeeling and Nepali teas, bagged tea and herbal teas/tisanes.

I take my teas without milks or sweeteners except sometimes chai and the rare London Fog or matcha latte. I generally steep a tea until it has no more to give.

I’ll try anything once because it helps me learn. Not opposed to well placed herbs, flowers, fruity bits and flavorings. Just nothing cloying especially banana, caramel, coconut, cinnamon or maple. And no added sugars, sweeteners, candy or chocolate.

Preference reference: