drank West Cape Chai by Rishi Tea

I received West Cape Chai as a gift from Mastress Alita. Thanks for sharing one of your favorite Rishi blends!

Her description of this herbal chai is spot on. It’s light but very well balanced and has a perfect spicy kick. There is also a permeating carob-coffee aroma and taste to it as well. The liquor is a vibrant and glowing, cloudy orange-red.

The lightness makes me think it wouldn’t work great for those looking to add milk; it’s rather thirst-quenching without any adornments. That may be a strange thing to say about a chai, but it does leave my mouth feeling clean and refreshed with a mineral taste.

One thing about Rishi’s herbal blends, of the three I’ve tried, they’ve all had some standout quality, whether in uniqueness, depth of flavor or being overall well balanced. Kudos.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 5 g 8 OZ / 250 ML

Always up for a trade. I keep an updated cupboard. Check it out. Don’t be shy. Message me if you want to try something :)

Most enjoyment:

Wuyi and Taiwanese oolong, sheng and shou puerh, Yunnan and Wuyi blacks, Laoshan green. I also appreciate Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai, Darjeeling and Nepali teas, bagged tea and herbal teas/tisanes.

I take my teas without milks or sweeteners except sometimes chai and the rare London Fog or matcha latte. I generally steep a tea until it has no more to give.

I’ll try anything once because it helps me learn. Not opposed to well placed herbs, flowers, fruity bits and flavorings. Just nothing cloying especially banana, caramel, coconut, cinnamon or maple.

Preference reference:

89-80: Fits my profile well enough to buy again.
69-60: Not necessarily a bad tea but one that I won’t buy again.

Sonoma County, California, USA