The liquor kind of smells like no-bake chocolate oatmeal cookies but made with sour dark chocolate. They were accidentally baked and even burnt a little. The taste is surprisingly light and much less bitter than expected. I only notice a slight bitterness in the back of the mouth after I swallow. It’s also a little sweet-tart and a hint ashy. Very mineral and clean with a nice roasty flavor. I think I like it!

Flavors: Ash, Burnt, Dark Bittersweet, Dark Chocolate, Mineral, Oats, Roasted, Tart

Boiling 8 min or more 8 OZ / 236 ML

Always up for a trade. I keep an updated cupboard. Check it out. Don’t be shy. Message me if you want to try something :)

Most enjoyment:

Wuyi and Taiwanese oolong, sheng and shou puerh, Yunnan and Wuyi blacks, Laoshan green. I also appreciate Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai, Darjeeling and Nepali teas, bagged tea and herbal teas/tisanes.

I take my teas without milks or sweeteners except sometimes chai and the rare London Fog or matcha latte. I generally steep a tea until it has no more to give.

I’ll try anything once because it helps me learn. Not opposed to well placed herbs, flowers, fruity bits and flavorings. Just nothing cloying especially banana, caramel, coconut, cinnamon or maple.

Preference reference:

89-80: Fits my profile well enough to buy again.
69-60: Not necessarily a bad tea but one that I won’t buy again.

Sonoma County, California, USA