Damn, valerian is disgusting.

Nothing like drinking stinky feet for a good night’s rest. Fortunately, there’s some good stuff going on in this blend to, um, temper the valerian. The other ingredients provide a well-balanced mix of herbaceous and floral qualities but it’s not enough to completely distract from the fact that I’m chugging the sweat squeezed from a pair of four days worn crusty gym socks. There’s also some herbal spiciness and a cooling spreading through my chest — from what, I’m not sure. This tea wins points for the blend sans valerian.

Here’s to me being blessed with a club-over-the-head sleep after a later than desired oolong session.

Boiling 8 min or more 14 OZ / 414 ML
mrmopar

I remember puerh like this a time or two when I first started.

Olive

I feel for you, valerian is terrible.

derk

Maybe an enterprising scammer pressed some valerian cakes and sold them to you as an unwitting westerner, mrmopar :P If I keep drinking valerian, maybe I’ll develop an affinity and soon an obsession for it? Build a vumidor? Open a valerian den where people drink only the finest goosh and can pass out safely?

mrmopar

LOL!!! I have learned much since those early days young patewan…..And yes you can elaborate your plans for it too. ,P

derk

Olive: Valerian works great for me as a sleep aid. Because of the taste, I drink it sparingly. Do you know of any blends containing valerian that taste decent?

mrmopar: The va qi hits me like a rock.

Too funny!!!!

Olive

Unfortunately I can’t recommend anything, I tend to actively avoid anything even remotely associated to valerian. Sorry :/ I’ll be sure to check your reviews regularly though, in case you find a blend that I might dare to try haha

Please keep things friendly and .

Comments

mrmopar

I remember puerh like this a time or two when I first started.

Olive

I feel for you, valerian is terrible.

derk

mrmopar: The va qi hits me like a rock.

Too funny!!!!

Olive

Please keep things friendly and .

Always up for a trade. I keep an updated cupboard. Check it out. Don’t be shy. Message me if you want to try something :)

Most enjoyment:

Wuyi and Taiwanese oolong, sheng and shou puerh, Yunnan and Wuyi blacks, Laoshan green. I also appreciate Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai, Darjeeling and Nepali teas, bagged tea and herbal teas/tisanes.

I take my teas without milks or sweeteners except sometimes chai and the rare London Fog or matcha latte. I generally steep a tea until it has no more to give.

I’ll try anything once because it helps me learn. Not opposed to well placed herbs, flowers, fruity bits and flavorings. Just nothing cloying especially banana, caramel, coconut, cinnamon or maple.

Preference reference:

89-80: Fits my profile well enough to buy again.
69-60: Not necessarily a bad tea but one that I won’t buy again.

Sonoma County, California, USA