What in the ever-living duck is this. The bag smells revolting, artificial, medicinal. Dumb and brave — not a winning combination. Here we go.

I’m getting a really strong artificial-medicinal-raspberry/pomegranate acrid smell. Chamomile mixed with hibiscus, which I don’t typically like.

Yeeup, definitely red medicine tasting. Vitamins. Grossly tart, not smooth. There’s no reason to put citric acid in this other than for preserving a poor excuse for tea that you don’t expect to fly off shelves. Where’s the green tea?

This holds my second lowest rating. It would be the lowest but smelling it doesn’t make my stomach turn, it just pisses me off, hehe.

Flavors: Artificial

175 °F / 79 °C 3 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML
tea-sipper

YEAH, I remember this getting one of my lowest ratings too. ick.

LuckyMe

Dang, that’s the lowest ever rating I’ve seen for a tea, Will Be sure to steer clear of this one.

derk

Yeah, tea-sipper, it’s a gnarly one.

LuckyMe, you and i have seem to have some overlapping preferences but different palates; trust the Steepster rating on this one!

Comments

tea-sipper

YEAH, I remember this getting one of my lowest ratings too. ick.

LuckyMe

derk

Yeah, tea-sipper, it’s a gnarly one.

Always up for a trade. I keep an updated cupboard. Check it out. Don’t be shy. Message me if you want to try something :)

Most enjoyment:

Wuyi and Taiwanese oolong, sheng and shou puerh, Yunnan and Wuyi blacks, Laoshan green. I also appreciate Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai, Darjeeling and Nepali teas, bagged tea and herbal teas/tisanes.

I take my teas without milks or sweeteners except sometimes chai and the rare London Fog or matcha latte. I generally steep a tea until it has no more to give.

I’ll try anything once because it helps me learn. Not opposed to well placed herbs, flowers, fruity bits and flavorings. Just nothing cloying especially banana, caramel, coconut, cinnamon or maple.

Preference reference:

89-80: Fits my profile well enough to buy again.
69-60: Not necessarily a bad tea but one that I won’t buy again.

Sonoma County, California, USA