drank Peach DeTox by Yogi Tea

Kitchen clean-out, unknown age. Why does my housemate have one tea-bag left of a few dozen teas?

Dry bag smells mostly of cinnamon and cardamom with some clove and ginger underneath. The aroma smells really good, like a spicy chai with a sweet note of syrup. First sip is has some bite and is very thin with spicy ginger, cinnamon, cardamom and clove. Finishes only a hint sweet from licorice root and very clean. No lingering spice in throat, warming in the chest.

Peach DeTox. Peach. Where’s the peach? Does anybody know where the peach is?? Peach flavor is listed as the third ingredient in a list of 17, yes 17 ingredients. This might be a record. But where’s the peach?! I think the cinnamon, cardamom and ginger oils listed near the bottom are used to cover up a bunch of stale herbs and spices or something.

If this tea were simply advertised as a spicy herbal chai, I’d be inclined to rate it higher.

Flavors: Cardamon, Cinnamon, Clove, Ginger, Pancake Syrup, Spicy

Boiling 8 min or more 8 OZ / 236 ML
Kawaii433

“Does anybody know where the peach is?? Peach flavor is listed as the third ingredient in a list of 17, yes 17 ingredients. This might be a record.”

lolol Oh man. :)

Comments

Kawaii433

lolol Oh man. :)

Most enjoyment:

Wuyi and Taiwanese oolong, sheng puerh, Yunnan and Wuyi blacks, GABA oolong. I also appreciate Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai, Darjeeling and Nepali teas, bagged tea and herbal teas/tisanes.

I take my teas without milks or sweeteners except sometimes chai and the rare London Fog, matcha latte and golden milk.

I’ll try anything once because it helps me learn. Not opposed to well placed herbs, flowers, fruity bits and flavorings, just nothing cloying. And no added sugars, sweeteners, candy or chocolate.

I abandoned both my preference reference and the recording of detailed steeping parameters in January 2020, favoring a focus on qualitative descriptions. At this point, I am still comfortable toggling the “Not/Recommended” button.

Preference reference: