drank Tulsi Lemon Ginger by Organic India

I was thinking this was going to be a very spicy tea based on the smell of the bag, but it turned out to be a mellow brew. The liquor was a cloudy almost neon spring green. Taste was well balanced between tame ginger, lemon and herbs. Seemed minty. Totally inoffensive, light and smooth.

Flavors: Ginger, Herbs, Lemon, Mint

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 10 OZ / 295 ML
Mastress Alita

My favorite lemon ginger is Davidson Tea’s Tulsi Lemon Ginger. Tulsi has those natural peppery/citrusy flavors (and yes, that dash of mint!) that just accompanies the lemon and ginger flavors so perfectly.

derk

I could see this tea being up your alley. I couldn’t find ingredients listed on the Organic India website, but in the product description on Amazon, it seems like lemongrass provides the lemon note in this one. I’d be interested in trying Davidson’s since they use lemon balm instead, which, as you and I agree, is superior to lemongrass :P

Mastress Alita

Even better than lemon balm, the Devidson Tea one uses lemon myrtle which is my favorite of the citrus herbs! I recently sipped mine down because the zip-pouch did that thing where it comes loose from the side of the bag so even if you “zip it” shut air can still get in so I wanted to finish it off so it wouldn’t go stale. And since I’m on hiatus, I’m not restocking it at the moment. When I’m buying tea again, I’ll get another bag, though.

derk

Whoops, I stand corrected. I have a short circuit regarding lemon balm and myrtle. That does make it sound even better!

Comments

Mastress Alita

Tea Habits:

Among my favorites are sheng puerh, Taiwanese oolong, a variety of black (red) teas from all over, all teas Nepali, herbals, Wuyi yancha. I keep a few green and white teas on hand. Shou puerh is a cold weather brew. Tiny teapots and gaiwans are my usual brewing vessels when not preparing morning cups western style and pouring into my work thermos. Friend of teabags. Hold the milk and sugar unless we’re talking masala chai.

In my late teens, home-brewed unsweetened Lipton iced tea was the drink of choice to combat cottonmouth. The following years saw the appearance of the odd box of tea from Trader Joe’s. About 4 years ago, walking out of the parking garage where I kept my motorcycle, I came across a move-out dumpster treasure: single serve packets of what I can look back now and say was Wuyi yancha. Yes, I drank dumpstered tea and honestly, that’s what blew the doors wide open.

Preference Reference

89-80: Fits my profile well enough to buy again. Some could be great daily drinkers.

59-1: Lacking several elements, strangely clunky, possesses off flavors/aroma/texture or something about it makes me not want to finish.

Character Rundown:

Boring pandemic hermit whose only current hobbies besides tasting tea are skateboarding and learning herbalism. Will update as the times change.

Sonoma County, California, USA