From the looks of it, this tea is a silver needle white, but it has a depth to the aroma of the leaf and aged character toward the end of the session that seems more along the lines of a puerh or aged white.

I prepared this sample from Kawaii433 gongfu using 7.3g in a 150mL gaiwan, 200F water with a rinse and unknown number of steeps starting at 10s. The calming energy of the tea hit me pretty hard drinking it the morning, so I brewed it over the course of two days.

Aroma escaping from the cup was butter creamed with sugar and oats. Light and mineral on the sip, fruity and citrusy-lemon, thickening up greatly midmouth with a creamy quality. Combined with sweet flavors of dried mango, apricot, cantaloupe and oats, the theme early on reminded me of Quaker instant peaches and cream oatmeal. There was also a sort of tropical quality to the taste. Daylon R Thomas jogged my memory of jackfruit in one of his reviews in the past week and I would also ascribe the flavor of a jackfruit smoothie to this tea. It had a good astringency, plenty of salivation and strong huigan to keep things interesting. The coating, lingering aftertaste seemed to perpetuate the instant calm that overtook me. My notes after that were “Aw geez” and something illegible.

The next day, the tea moved from creamy and fruity into a more herbal, earthy, pungent tone that reminded me of the scent of the dry and rinsed leaf. There were notes of herbs, cooked vegetable, cooked mushrooms, hay, oats, skunky cannabis, thyme, mineral soil and cantaloupe.

I haven’t had time to read about the processing of this tea, and, not to dive deeply into semantics, but by tastes alone I wouldn’t classify this as a puerh. Regardless, it’s a tasty brew with plenty of depth.

Flavors: Apricot, Butter, Cannabis, Cantaloupe, Citrusy, Creamy, Forest Floor, Hay, Herbs, Lemon, Mango, Mineral, Mushrooms, Oats, Thyme, Tropical, Vegetables

200 °F / 93 °C 7 g 5 OZ / 150 ML
Kawaii433

I really like this one :D. I have a huuuge bag of it hehe.

hawkband1

That sounds really good. Adding to wishlist…

Comments

Kawaii433

I really like this one :D. I have a huuuge bag of it hehe.

hawkband1

That sounds really good. Adding to wishlist…

i am tea as you are tea

Some current non-tea explorations include alto sax, powerlifting, rock climbing.

If we ever meet for tea, I will definitely smile.

Trades are on hold until I work through a bunch!

[Always up for a trade. I keep an updated cupboard. Check it out. Don’t be shy. Message me if you want to try something :)]

Most enjoyment:

Wuyi and Taiwanese oolong, sheng and shou puerh, Yunnan and Wuyi blacks, Laoshan green. I also appreciate Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai, Darjeeling and Nepali teas, bagged tea and herbal teas/tisanes.

I take my teas without milks or sweeteners except sometimes chai and the rare London Fog or matcha latte. I generally steep a tea until it has no more to give.

I’ll try anything once because it helps me learn. Not opposed to well placed herbs, flowers, fruity bits and flavorings. Just nothing cloying especially banana, caramel, coconut, cinnamon or maple. And no added sugars, sweeteners, candy or chocolate.

Preference reference: