I haven’t been feeling the gaiwan love for several days and have been wanting easier teas to drink, so thank you Kawaii433 for sending this mini tuo cha my way :) Grandpa is the theme of the week I guess.

I must first point out the aroma because I know there are a lot of cocoa lovers here: cocoa and walnut. The tea is clean and alive for a shou. It’s very mineral and complex, with bright and dark layers moving around in a kind of creamy suspension that later turns oily. It’s like drinking a walnut tree, wood and fruit. Hints of cocoa, healthy dark soil and leather all elevated from the walnut grove floor by a pervasive brightness and light sugarcane sweetness. Clean camphor cools then warms the throat and chest. I feel grounded and calm. Definitely the best mini tuo I’ve had.

Boiling 5 g 16 OZ / 473 ML
Kawaii433

yvw Derk. I liked them best too out of the mini toucha variety package so I went ahead a got a bunch of them instead of the mix but I haven’t got around to trying it again. I’ll try this one grandpa style :D.

mrmopar

Ya Derk, don’t make me have to come out there to get your address. The Eot stuff arrived and I snuck it in you know….I actually met Derk. Fantastic person to have tea with!

derk

Kawaii: I hope they’re still around this fall when I’ll be doing a shou purchase.

Likewise, mrmopar. I would love to have tea in small groups more often. It was a refreshing experience. And your secret is safe with Steepster ;)

Kawaii433

Derk, I try to keep them in stock so when you want more, I should have them :D.

derk

Thank you for the offer, Kawaii.

Kawaii433

Had a bunch of different types of mini discs and mini touchas the last few days and comparatively speaking, this one is a star. It always helps me to drink them back to back or side by side. #NewbieStill

Comments

Kawaii433

mrmopar

Kawaii433

Derk, I try to keep them in stock so when you want more, I should have them :D.

derk

Thank you for the offer, Kawaii.

Kawaii433

Tea became a hobby and my daily drink of choice some time late in the last decade. My introduction to loose leaf came in the form of dumpster-dived Wuyi oolong packets that somebody left upon moving out of an apartment building. From there, my palate expanded to teas from across China and the world. I used to focus more on taste and still harbor the habit, but after trying sheng pu’er, I tend to focus more on how a tea feels in my body. Does it complement my constitution? Does it change my mood or does it enhance my current mindstate? While I may not mention those effects in tea notes, it is what I value most. Flavored teas are not a favorite but I do drink them intermittently.

Sonoma County, California, USA