I haven’t been feeling the gaiwan love for several days and have been wanting easier teas to drink, so thank you Kawaii433 for sending this mini tuo cha my way :) Grandpa is the theme of the week I guess.

I must first point out the aroma because I know there are a lot of cocoa lovers here: cocoa and walnut. The tea is clean and alive for a shou. It’s very mineral and complex, with bright and dark layers moving around in a kind of creamy suspension that later turns oily. It’s like drinking a walnut tree, wood and fruit. Hints of cocoa, healthy dark soil and leather all elevated from the walnut grove floor by a pervasive brightness and light sugarcane sweetness. Clean camphor cools then warms the throat and chest. I feel grounded and calm. Definitely the best mini tuo I’ve had.

Boiling 5 g 16 OZ / 473 ML
Kawaii433

yvw Derk. I liked them best too out of the mini toucha variety package so I went ahead a got a bunch of them instead of the mix but I haven’t got around to trying it again. I’ll try this one grandpa style :D.

mrmopar

Ya Derk, don’t make me have to come out there to get your address. The Eot stuff arrived and I snuck it in you know….I actually met Derk. Fantastic person to have tea with!

derk

Kawaii: I hope they’re still around this fall when I’ll be doing a shou purchase.

Likewise, mrmopar. I would love to have tea in small groups more often. It was a refreshing experience. And your secret is safe with Steepster ;)

Kawaii433

Derk, I try to keep them in stock so when you want more, I should have them :D.

derk

Thank you for the offer, Kawaii.

Kawaii433

Had a bunch of different types of mini discs and mini touchas the last few days and comparatively speaking, this one is a star. It always helps me to drink them back to back or side by side. #NewbieStill

Comments

Kawaii433

mrmopar

Kawaii433

Derk, I try to keep them in stock so when you want more, I should have them :D.

derk

Thank you for the offer, Kawaii.

i am tea as you are tea

Some current non-tea explorations include alto sax, powerlifting, rock climbing.

If we ever meet for tea, I will definitely smile.

Most enjoyment:

Wuyi and Taiwanese oolong, GABA oolong, sheng and shou puerh, Yunnan and Wuyi blacks, Laoshan green. I also appreciate Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai, Darjeeling and Nepali teas, bagged tea and herbal teas/tisanes.

I take my teas without milks or sweeteners except sometimes chai and the rare London Fog or matcha latte. I generally steep a tea until it has no more to give.

I’ll try anything once because it helps me learn. Not opposed to well placed herbs, flowers, fruity bits and flavorings. Just nothing cloying especially banana, caramel, coconut, cinnamon or maple. And no added sugars, sweeteners, candy or chocolate.

Preference reference: