drank Mandalay Spring by Nous Tea

Omg the astringency. I’m getting images in my head of an old person who really needs a drink of water, got that lip and tongue smacking going on. Underneath that, I get some apricot, hot hay and light smoke on the sip, honey mid-mouth and a finish of bitterness and yeast. Because Martin said 180F preparation wasn’t the best and 195F was better, but knowing greens can be very temperamental, I went with 185F. I wonder if a brewing temp of 175F or lower would kill this astringency. Otherwise it has ok flavor but I won’t be seeking out Mandalay Spring again.

Flavors: Apricot, Astringent, Bitter, Honey, Hot Hay, Smoke, Yeast

185 °F / 85 °C 3 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML
Martin Bednář

This is crazy. Always different :)

derk

Maybe you will be able to find the perfect parameters for you.

Comments

Martin Bednář

This is crazy. Always different :)

derk

Maybe you will be able to find the perfect parameters for you.

Eventual tea farmer. If you are a tea grower, want to grow your own plants or are simply curious, please follow me so we can chat.

I most enjoy loose-leaf, unflavored teas and tisanes. Always on the lookout for teas from countries and regions not commonly known for tea production or those that are not well represented in the western market. I seek these teas to gain an understanding, however vague, of how this plant performs in different climates.

bicycle bicycle bicycle