drank Ceylon High Grown by SebaSTea

“I can share (but nobody would like it I assume).” —Martin.

Third and final session with this tea that Martin shared with me. For somebody that’s not a big drinker of Ceylon teas, I find this perfectly acceptable and accessible, probably good for those that like their tea with milk and sugar but it is drinkable straight which is how I prefer. It does have a mild aroma of red fruits jam which comes through stronger in the mouth along with malt and cedar, a hint of butter. Surprisingly full body that thins out into a texture bittersweet at the back of the tongue. Long-lasting jammy aftertaste with some tannic drying. Heavy in the stomach at this leaf amount and brew time. It is not a smokey-campfire tea to me unlike for Martin. Good for two steeps. I find it a nicely balanced, strong breakfast-type tea.

Flavors: Butter, Cedar, Dark Bittersweet, Heavy, Jam, Malt, Red Fruits, Round , Tannic

Martin Bednář

Did the tea change in higher altitudes? Otherwise I can´t explain how the teas I sent you are so different than I noticed. Haha

Comments

Martin Bednář

No Sugar Added!

Tea habits:

Among my favorites are all teas Nepali, sheng puerh, Wuyi yancha, Taiwanese oolong, a variety of black (red) teas from all over, herbal tisanes. I keep a few green and white teas on hand. Shou puerh is a cold weather brew. Tiny teapots and gaiwans are my usual brewing vessels when not preparing morning cups western style and pouring into my work thermos. Friend of teabags.

Sonoma County, California, USA