drank Organic Green Tea by Prince of Peace

Urgh, Steepster ate my note. And it was slightly humorous. My note has vanished and so has the humor.

I came home from lunch to review a tea instead of proceeding to the tire shop. I have an obsession.

Unknown pot size, unknown temperature, steep time somewhere between 3-5 minutes. This organic, bagged Chinese green tea has a strong enough aroma and tastes to cut through a full Korean lunch of beef bulgogi and banchan. Another reviewer said punchy, I say indeed, despite the lack of any bitterness. Grass, lemon, mineral, light seaweed and very faint smoke. If there was any sweetness to this tea, it was masked by the sweetness of the fish cakes. A solid accompaniment!

Flavors: Grass, Lemon, Mineral, Seaweed, Smoke

gmathis

Well, the review vs. tire shop made me chuckle, even if your original opus didn’t see the light of day :)

derk

I didn’t completely scoff at the arguably less important task of the day. Turns out my tires weren’t in stock anyway.

Comments

gmathis

derk

Most enjoyment:

Wuyi and Taiwanese oolong, sheng puerh, Yunnan and Wuyi blacks, GABA oolong. I also appreciate Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai, Darjeeling and Nepali teas, bagged tea and herbal teas/tisanes.

I take my teas without milks or sweeteners except sometimes chai and the rare London Fog, matcha latte and golden milk.

I’ll try anything once because it helps me learn. Not opposed to well placed herbs, flowers, fruity bits and flavorings, just nothing cloying. And no added sugars, sweeteners, candy or chocolate.

I abandoned both my preference reference and the recording of detailed steeping parameters in January 2020, favoring a focus on qualitative descriptions. At this point, I am still comfortable toggling the “Not/Recommended” button.

Preference reference: