Purchased from the Mediterranean store. One whole wall is dedicated to tea, mostly Ahmad but also a handful each of 5 or 6 other brands. They also have a few neat electric samovars which are a tempting purchase but I don’t have enough people to drink tea with.

These are paper-wrapped teabags in a thin plastic wrapped box. No bueno for retaining freshness and flavor and it shows. The linden is light in flavor, enough so that I use 2 bags per mug.. It’s floral and sweet, a bit musty and I can taste some paper from the bags. No matter how long I steep them, the brew never develops a thicker texture, which hangs around in the light-medium zone. No linden tisane has yet to top Dammann Frères sachets.

Butbutbut, 1 bag of this combined with 1 bag of Celestial Seasonings Country Peach Passion is divine.

Flavors: Floral, Musty, Paper, Sweet

Boiling 8 min or more 10 OZ / 295 ML
gmathis

Here’s to experimentation and alchemy!

Comments

gmathis

Here’s to experimentation and alchemy!

i am tea as you are tea

Some current non-tea explorations include alto sax, powerlifting, rock climbing.

If we ever meet for tea, I will definitely smile.

Most enjoyment:

Wuyi and Taiwanese oolong, GABA oolong, sheng and shou puerh, Yunnan and Wuyi blacks, Laoshan green. I also appreciate Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai, Darjeeling and Nepali teas, bagged tea and herbal teas/tisanes.

I take my teas without milks or sweeteners except sometimes chai and the rare London Fog or matcha latte. I generally steep a tea until it has no more to give.

I’ll try anything once because it helps me learn. Not opposed to well placed herbs, flowers, fruity bits and flavorings. Just nothing cloying especially banana, caramel, coconut, cinnamon or maple. And no added sugars, sweeteners, candy or chocolate.

Preference reference: