Yet another swap from Togo, thank you. Autumn 2017 harvest.

The dry leaf isn’t very fragrant. There is a dominant dried sour cherry and prune note with some malt in the background. Wet leaf smell is light with vanilla and wood.

The aroma is very similar to the dry leaf with an elusive note of chocolate-covered raisins.

The taste is fruity and bright with a brisk, woody tone like a Ceylon. The same dried fruits dominate and the chocolate-covered raisin of the aroma is likewise subtle in taste. Hints of rose, too. If brewed heavier, cedar becomes the forward note. Finishes tannic with maltiness and subtle dried apricots and cream. Leaves a dry, salty-sour impression in the mouth.

A nice, brisk daily drinker with dried fruit flavors. Probably good for those that like to add a touch of milk.

[Western: 2tsp, 8oz, 205F, 2 steeps at 4 and ? minutes]

Flavors: Apricot, Cedar, Cherry, Chocolate, Cream, Dried Fruit, Drying, Malt, Pleasantly Sour, Plums, Raisins, Rose, Salty, Tannic, Vanilla, Wood

i am tea as you are tea

Some current non-tea explorations include alto sax, powerlifting, rock climbing.

If we ever meet for tea, I will definitely smile.

Trades are on hold until I work through a bunch!

[Always up for a trade. I keep an updated cupboard. Check it out. Don’t be shy. Message me if you want to try something :)]

Most enjoyment:

Wuyi and Taiwanese oolong, sheng and shou puerh, Yunnan and Wuyi blacks, Laoshan green. I also appreciate Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai, Darjeeling and Nepali teas, bagged tea and herbal teas/tisanes.

I take my teas without milks or sweeteners except sometimes chai and the rare London Fog or matcha latte. I generally steep a tea until it has no more to give.

I’ll try anything once because it helps me learn. Not opposed to well placed herbs, flowers, fruity bits and flavorings. Just nothing cloying especially banana, caramel, coconut, cinnamon or maple. And no added sugars, sweeteners, candy or chocolate.

Preference reference: