I’ve had this before, pretty sure it was Fall 2017 harvest but I don’t think I mentioned it in my last note. I bought 25g of the Fall 2018 harvest with my last Mountain Stream Teas order.

The two harvest years are notably different. I’ll stay away from comparing the two since I didn’t take great notes for either tea.

I will say this didn’t catch my attention gongfu. It was heavier in brassy tones than I was expecting. Nice lingering retronasal florals. Performed well with boiling water and lower temperatures alike. I’d rate it 79. Daily drinker material.

What this tea does do well is stewing in my thermos at 190F for a few hours. The creamy floral aromas come to the forefront. The vegetal characteristics become a smooth undertone, mingling with a moderate brown sugar and sugarcane sweetness. Medium-bodied. Relaxed, heady floral energy and a perfect amount of caffeine for me with the chosen ratios. 2017 rating was 84. For 2018, I’d also say 84 based on my stewing method but I probably won’t buy the Fall Pick again.

Flavors: Almond, Apple, Brown Sugar, Cookie, Cream, Dandelion, Floral, Flowers, Gardenias, Mineral, Spinach, Sugarcane, Sweet, Sweet, warm grass, Vegetal, Violet

190 °F / 87 °C 8 min or more 4 g 20 OZ / 591 ML

i am tea as you are tea

Some current non-tea explorations include alto sax, powerlifting, rock climbing.

If we ever meet for tea, I will definitely smile.

Trades are on hold until I work through a bunch!

[Always up for a trade. I keep an updated cupboard. Check it out. Don’t be shy. Message me if you want to try something :)]

Most enjoyment:

Wuyi and Taiwanese oolong, sheng and shou puerh, Yunnan and Wuyi blacks, Laoshan green. I also appreciate Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai, Darjeeling and Nepali teas, bagged tea and herbal teas/tisanes.

I take my teas without milks or sweeteners except sometimes chai and the rare London Fog or matcha latte. I generally steep a tea until it has no more to give.

I’ll try anything once because it helps me learn. Not opposed to well placed herbs, flowers, fruity bits and flavorings. Just nothing cloying especially banana, caramel, coconut, cinnamon or maple. And no added sugars, sweeteners, candy or chocolate.

Preference reference: