I started this job, what almost 4 months ago, and it’s a great shift — 4am to 1pm — but I have the hardest time falling asleep by 8pm despite the physical nature of the work, heavy lifting at the gym and limiting both how late in the afternoon I drink tea and how often I have beer. Five hours of sleep is not enough! My left eyelid has been twitching for a week.

It was a beautiful Sunday yesterday. I talked to my aunt briefly who is currently traveling in France. She asked if I wanted anything and I was like oh… OH!! Dammann Frères Tilleul tisane please!! I have to wait a few weeks for her to return to California, so in the meantime I went on a quest for linden tisane with my housemate. Welcome to Sebastopol, her old stomping grounds, home of Guayakí Yerba Maté and Traditional Medicinals. She took me to this herb shop that’s been there since the 70s? We picked up some chrysanthemum, red clover, comfrey, elderberries and linden.

I suspect this linden is sourced through Starwest Botanicals. I have reviewed that linden before, purchased from Rainbow Grocery in San Francisco. This one seems fresher, though — sweeter, more floral, thicker, more… everything… but less pungent. Maybe since Rosemary’s Garden is an herbal specialist that would have higher product turnover as opposed to a gargantuan grocery co-op. Anyway, the brew cleared my sinuses, opened my lungs and put me right out.

Praying this wonderful flower from Rosemary’s Garden helps to regulate my sleep until my aunt comes home from France with the absolute best linden tisane.

Flavors: Flowers, Herbs, Nectar, Sweet, Thick

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML
mrmopar

Yeah that sleep needs to happen.

Comments

mrmopar

Yeah that sleep needs to happen.

Most enjoyment:

Wuyi and Taiwanese oolong, sheng puerh, Yunnan and Wuyi blacks, GABA oolong. I also appreciate Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai, Darjeeling and Nepali teas, bagged tea and herbal teas/tisanes.

I take my teas without milks or sweeteners except sometimes chai and the rare London Fog, matcha latte and golden milk.

I’ll try anything once because it helps me learn. Not opposed to well placed herbs, flowers, fruity bits and flavorings, just nothing cloying. And no added sugars, sweeteners, candy or chocolate.

I abandoned both my preference reference and the recording of detailed steeping parameters in January 2020, favoring a focus on qualitative descriptions. At this point, I am still comfortable toggling the “Not/Recommended” button.

Preference reference: