I slept with the sliding door to the garden open all night, toasty under the down comforter. It was in the low 40s when I woke up. I wanted this tea specifically — my favorite red tea even though I drink it rarely. In fact, I shared most of this bag because I love it so much.

Another year, another harvest. This one I think was Spring 2019. It’s smokier (a nice wood smoke) and with a more pronounced minerality than I remember but it was the perfect tea to beckon me from under the covers.

My initial review still stands: https://steepster.com/derk/posts/385161#likes

Kawaii433

Haven’t tried 2019. Thanks for the heads up. ^^

gmathis

Yum. Tea and weather both. We’ve been told to hang in there until Thursday, then daytime high’s in the 60s will drop like they should have two weeks ago!

derk

gmathis: We’ll be back in the 80s by Thursday. Enjoy the cool weather when it comes!

ashmanra

Oooooooh, that sounds heavenly! I bet you slept like a log. It was mid-90’s here today, will be 98 tomorrow and 93 Friday BUT Saturday it will only be around 80 with lows in the 60’s! I am so excited! Planning to make cookies and maybe have tea outside!

derk

What kind of cookies? I made oatmeal ginger walnut for work the other day. They turned out rock hard but supposedly were good with coffee haha.

Comments

Kawaii433

Haven’t tried 2019. Thanks for the heads up. ^^

gmathis

ashmanra

i am tea as you are tea

Some current non-tea explorations include alto sax, powerlifting, rock climbing.

If we ever meet for tea, I will definitely smile.

Most enjoyment:

Wuyi and Taiwanese oolong, GABA oolong, sheng and shou puerh, Yunnan and Wuyi blacks, Laoshan green. I also appreciate Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai, Darjeeling and Nepali teas, bagged tea and herbal teas/tisanes.

I take my teas without milks or sweeteners except sometimes chai and the rare London Fog or matcha latte. I generally steep a tea until it has no more to give.

I’ll try anything once because it helps me learn. Not opposed to well placed herbs, flowers, fruity bits and flavorings. Just nothing cloying especially banana, caramel, coconut, cinnamon or maple. And no added sugars, sweeteners, candy or chocolate.

Preference reference: