drank 2018 Flapjacks Ripe Puer by white2tea

Back to back Flapjacks, this time a shou cookie instead of a sheng wafer. Brought to my cupboard by Kawaii433.

My experience was strikingly similar to BrewWhatThouWilt’s, who gave this tea more justice than I could: https://steepster.com/BrewWhatThouWilt/posts/388193#likes

Dry cookie smells like brownies with walnuts, caramel, mushroom, grain.

Good body and initially oily. Savory — so much walnut, brown mushroom broth, cooked grains, rainforest floor, wet wood. Thin mineral sweetness, light bitterness. Nutritional yeast and slight wet pile show up when it starts thinning out. The aroma is similar but I also pick up on hints of spearmint, coriander seed-citrus and spicy wood.

Kind, good quality shou for anybody who doesn’t mind the lack of overt sweetness or even prefers such.

Boiling 0 min, 30 sec 6 g 6 OZ / 190 ML