drank Green Tea by Triple Leaf Tea

Found this in the kitchen. This company wraps their teabags in paper. I have no idea how old it is. For reference, the oldest teas I’ve found in the kitchen were Best Before 2012. It’s January 2020.

The recommended parameters for this chopped-leaf tea include boiling water. I opted for 175F.

Very clear yellowish brown, almost shimmering in my glass. Little to no aroma. The tastes are mild and all-encompassing for a green tea. It has some nuttiness, grassiness, minerality, citric brightness, a hint of apricot and florals that come in and out. Glassy-viscous mouthfeel that finishes clean and drying.

Sub-220 teas. Finally.

175 °F / 79 °C 2 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

Most enjoyment:

Wuyi and Taiwanese oolong, sheng puerh, Yunnan and Wuyi blacks, GABA oolong. I also appreciate Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai, Darjeeling and Nepali teas, bagged tea and herbal teas/tisanes.

I take my teas without milks or sweeteners except sometimes chai and the rare London Fog, matcha latte and golden milk.

I’ll try anything once because it helps me learn. Not opposed to well placed herbs, flowers, fruity bits and flavorings, just nothing cloying. And no added sugars, sweeteners, candy or chocolate.

I abandoned both my preference reference and the recording of detailed steeping parameters in January 2020, favoring a focus on qualitative descriptions. At this point, I am still comfortable toggling the “Not/Recommended” button.

Preference reference: