drank 2018 Demon Slayer by white2tea

I HAVE DRUNK SO MUCH TEA TODAY O_O

This was my first huangpian and it was just ok. Kind of a heavy gut bomb but with good flavor up until it became unpleasantly bitter at about 6 or 7 gongfu steeps. I’d be wary of brewing these leaves grandpa. The taste had a base of green-turning-orange bell pepper mixed with prominent fruity notes of ripe apricot, peach and orange and a brassy dry grass tone. Somewhat floral, a bit of menthol. The tea can be thick but part of that is gritty. There’s a different kind of energy with these leaves that I can’t describe…

I like to think I slew some demons today but I honestly feel like I opened the portal instead. Last Sunday, I asked for a leadership position, in any form, because I have so much energy to devote to such an endeavor. Today, it arrived and not where I thought it would. I was invited to join a new pastoral care team at church that’s in its infancy. Basically, the needs of our community are far greater than originally anticipated. Our small group of people is trying to develop a sustainable infrastructure used to help specific groups of people who are in need during this pandemic. Thinking about how far into the future the pandemic will impact our community and in what ways has really put into perspective a lot of how I have lived my life since becoming an adult and that I no longer want to continue on that path, basically one of a scarcity mindset and of selfishness. I have immense respect for leaders working with the conceptual after an hour-long Zoom meeting today. I feel like my entire worldview has changed in a matter of hours. If all that sounds fuzzy, it’s because I’m still background processing.

And that is what I’m wrestling with after drinking Demon Slayer.

So, Togo, thanks.

And that makes 600.

Flavors: Apricot, Bell Pepper, Bitter, Dry Grass, Floral, Fruity, Heavy, Honeysuckle, Menthol, Metallic, Orange, Peach, Vegetal

Boiling 4 g 2 OZ / 60 ML
Martin Bednář

Ha! Happy 600!
I am glad that I actually detected similar and/or same flavours.

mrmopar

Congrats on the appointment! And 600!

gmathis

Proud of you! (Care team) Doesn’t take long, does it? (600)

Roswell Strange

Congrats on both the appointment and the landmark tasting note!

ashmanra

Congratulations on ALL THE THINGS! Prayers for you, too!

derk

Thanks y’all. There’s a lot of responsibility coming my way. Exciting.

Comments

Martin Bednář

Ha! Happy 600!
I am glad that I actually detected similar and/or same flavours.

mrmopar

Congrats on the appointment! And 600!

gmathis

Proud of you! (Care team) Doesn’t take long, does it? (600)

Roswell Strange

Congrats on both the appointment and the landmark tasting note!

ashmanra

Congratulations on ALL THE THINGS! Prayers for you, too!

derk

Thanks y’all. There’s a lot of responsibility coming my way. Exciting.

Eventual tea farmer. If you are a tea grower, want to grow your own plants or are simply curious, please follow me so we can chat.

I most enjoy loose-leaf, unflavored teas and tisanes. Always on the lookout for teas from countries and regions not commonly known for tea production or those that are not well represented in the western market. I seek these teas to gain an understanding, however vague, of how this plant performs in different climates.

bicycle bicycle bicycle