drank Yerba Santa Tea by Juniper Ridge

Brewed with a bag of mildly tart rosehips to cut through the resin-sweet medicinal taste. It adds a gentle fruity taste to the background. My housemate and I spent Sunday cleaning out the garage and creating maneuverable workshop space. Should’ve worn a dust mask. Yerba santa is a good herb to brew when I’m severely stuffed up and mucousy. It worked well to clear me out during fire season, too.

Edit: brewed with a bag of this https://steepster.com/derk/posts/409498 which is not rosehips

Boiling 8 min or more 10 OZ / 295 ML
Martin Bednář

I see I have rated this tea quite low, but it wasn’t THAT bad I think. My virtual cupboard says I should have one tea bag left, but I wonder where it is buried.

derk

I bet it’s under that giant pile of tea. Riiight there.

derk

By the way, I feel like yerba santa is an acquired taste and not something that could be had often. It is medicine.

Martin Bednář

Haha, yep — it’s there or over there, no other places are possible.

Indeed it is acquired taste as I see I wasn’t that impressed about that. But yep, it’s medicine. So, maybe I will give it another try when feeling stuffed up, mucousy or something. Luckily, I am not being sick often.

Comments

Martin Bednář

derk

I bet it’s under that giant pile of tea. Riiight there.

Martin Bednář

Haha, yep — it’s there or over there, no other places are possible.

Eventual tea farmer. If you are a tea grower, want to grow your own plants or are simply curious, please follow me so we can chat.

I most enjoy loose-leaf, unflavored teas and tisanes. Always on the lookout for teas from countries and regions not commonly known for tea production or those that are not well represented in the western market. I seek these teas to gain an understanding, however vague, of how this plant performs in different climates.

bicycle bicycle bicycle