drank Clover Patch by white2tea

It’s thick. It’s sweet. It’s floral. All qualities I should like on paper.

But.

It’s soapy. It’s alkaline. It’s drying.

I tried. I really did. I made it 3 steeps before having to stop. I looked at the leaves drying in my gaiwan for 2 days after and couldn’t bring myself to try again. I can see why others enjoyed it, namely for its intensely forward sweetness and fragrance, but it’s simply not for me. I came into the session expecting a mineral Wuyi oolong but it’s instead like some kind of bastardized Dancong oolong, which I don’t much care for to begin with. Thanks anyway for the try, White Antlers :) Glad the majority of the bag went to people who can appreciate it.

Flavors: Apricot, Chocolate, Dry Grass, Drying, Floral, Flowers, Fruity, Graham Cracker, Grass, Heavy, Honey, Honeysuckle, Lychee, Marshmallow, Oak, Orange, Perfume, Red Fruits, Smooth, Soap, Sweet, Thick, Tropical

Leafhopper

It’s definitely more like a Dan Cong than a regular Wuyi oolong. Maybe that’s why I liked it?

derk

Maybe so!

Martin Bednář

Hah, and here we see how our tastes differ! I have to re-try it though.

Kawaii433

Ahh if it’s more like Dan Cong, I wouldn’t like it. I have like 10 types of Dan Cong and unfortunately, none of them are for me.

Comments

Leafhopper

derk

Maybe so!

Martin Bednář

Hah, and here we see how our tastes differ! I have to re-try it though.

Kawaii433

Abandoned the rating system again. Too much work.

Great tea is unforgettable. Good tea is sometimes forgettable. Mediocre tea is forgettable unless I’ve drank enough of it to form an impression. Bad tea is unforgettable, unfortunately.

California, USA