The previous try of this tea was from a June 2018 harvest forwarded my way from White Antlers. Alistair from What-Cha included a May 2020 sample with my latest order, thank you :)

The dry leaf smells like cherry fruit leather: high-pitched and tangy with a dried fruit sweetness. Once brewed, the aroma is of dried cherries and fresh apricots, bright with a rich chocolate note that hides beneath a more general ‘stonefruit.’ The liquor has a pleasant medium body with a balanced astringency. The taste is very smooth with cherry, leather and gentle malt. The tea swallows juicy where much more of the flavor comes out and is particularly fruity. I notice cherry wood, cherry, walnut, fig, red plum and fleeting impressions of caramel and butter. A tangy feeling is left in the mouth and a peach aftertaste hangs around for several minutes, followed by a caramel-like returning sweetness.

I seemed to get more from this harvest than the one 2 years prior. I had described that one as ‘zippy’; there is a little more heft to the 2020 but it’s still a bright tea. Its smoothness really helps it go down quickly, a good thirst quencher.

Flavors: Apricot, Astringent, Butter, Caramel, Cherry, Cherry Wood, Chocolate, Dried Fruit, Fig, Fruity, Leather, Malt, Peach, Plums, Smooth, Tangy, Walnut, Wood

Martin Bednář

I thought I have tried this tea before. Maybe I did before my Steepster times?

Comments

Martin Bednář

I thought I have tried this tea before. Maybe I did before my Steepster times?

Abandoned the rating system again. Too much work.

Great tea is unforgettable. Good tea is sometimes forgettable. Mediocre tea is forgettable unless I’ve drank enough of it to form an impression. Bad tea is unforgettable, unfortunately.

California, USA