drank Nepal Pearl Oolong Tea by What-Cha

Wow, what a beautiful, intense tea.

I started drinking this in the early morning and then got to work pulling weeds, root and all. When I needed a break, I’d come in for another short steep. From the get go, this tea’s aroma and taste were both thick with deep honey balanced by dancing pink rose florality on top of a demure violet, pure vanilla, sweet cinnamon, toast-pastries-baguette, meadow-dandelion flowers-hay. What else… cream, creamed honey, straw, green wood type of astringency, cleansing minerals. I lost count of steeps (15?+). A few of the pearls still hadn’t completely unfurled so I chose to cold-brew from there.

This beautiful tea fueled 12 hours of hand weeding in silence followed by mowing. It exposed my insanity, that tunnel vision developed from 5 years’ work of removing invasive species. I don’t know what happened. But it was good. Cathartic, even. Thanks, Leafhopper :)

Praise aside, the effects of the tea were much too overwhelming to likely consider ordering if ever available again. Still very much recommended, especially since it has aged so well.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Cinnamon, Cream, Dandelion, Floral, Flowers, Green Wood, Hay, Honey, Mineral, Pastries, Rose, Straw, Sweet, Thick, Vanilla, Violet

195 °F / 90 °C 5 g 3 OZ / 100 ML

Oh, my aching back!

Martin Bednář

Sounds so tasty, especially after that hard work!

White Antlers

That kind of yard work becomes almost like a religious experience. I remember 10 hour days similar to it in my big backyard in Oakland. By 7 p.m., totally wiped out and dehydrated, I’d be having visions. Good fun!

Leafhopper

Wow! I’m glad this old tea is still holding up.

gmathis

We just do a container garden on the back patio, and I am far from a competent gardener, but there is definitely something soothing about uprooting last year’s dead heads and playing in fresh potting soil with your bare hands.

mrmopar

Long day for sure.

TeaEarleGreyHot

I need to explore some of these Nepalese teas! Has anyone ordered from What-cha recently? Or NepaliTeaTraders? Just want to be sure they’re still reputable before sending payment (not something I can say about Amazon though… but I digress).

Mastress Alita

I enjoy Nepal Tea LC. Have met the owner a few times at tea festivals and he’s a great guy. I even named my cat “Chiya” (Nepali for tea) after listening to a presentation he gave once.

TeaEarleGreyHot

Is that a cute pun on “TLC” in the company name? Or did you mean “NepalTeaLLC”? Because I’m only finding the latter…

Mastress Alita

Just a typo. Didn’t want to look shilly by posting a direct link.

Martin Bednář

While it has been some time since I have ordered from What-cha, I still can recommend it! So yeah, they are certainly reputable :)

TeaEarleGreyHot

Thank you M.A. and M.B.! Your suggestions are appreciated!

White Antlers

What Cha is above reproach. Alistair, the owner, is a delight and he is happy to make up a custome order or offer advice. Don’t hesitate for a second.

ashmanra

My daughter bought me some What Cha teas for my birthday and was really surprised at how quickly it arrived. The tea has been stellar.

Leafhopper

What-Cha is an absolutely reputable company that has great customer service. When making my last order, I forgot to include a tea I wanted and asked Alistair if he could add it to my total. He sent me an additional PayPal invoice and shipped everything within a couple days. I’ve enjoyed all the Nepalese teas I’ve had from this company, especially those from Jun Chiyabari.

Having said that, I haven’t received a response to my last two emails, possibly because he’s very busy. Alistair, if you’re reading this, could you please PM me so I can snag some of your Li Shan Tie Guan Yin?

TeaEarleGreyHot

Such a heartwarming string of testimonials! Thanks all!

Comments

gmathis

Oh, my aching back!

Martin Bednář

Sounds so tasty, especially after that hard work!

Leafhopper

Wow! I’m glad this old tea is still holding up.

mrmopar

Long day for sure.

Mastress Alita

Just a typo. Didn’t want to look shilly by posting a direct link.

TeaEarleGreyHot

Thank you M.A. and M.B.! Your suggestions are appreciated!

ashmanra

TeaEarleGreyHot

Such a heartwarming string of testimonials! Thanks all!

Abandoned the rating system again. Too much work.

Great tea is unforgettable. Good tea is sometimes forgettable. Mediocre tea is forgettable unless I’ve drank enough of it to form an impression. Bad tea is unforgettable, unfortunately.

California, USA