drank Thé de l'Abbaye by Dammann Freres

I did a thing. I bought a kilogram of French tea. It’s actually pretty affordable when bought in bulk loose leaf. Those sachets are for royalty!

The aroma of this is absolutely intoxicating!! The exclamation marks coming from a normally reserved derk should give you a clue. It’s such a sweet and tangy, ringing golden yellow plum aroma! With a swirl of soft milky-creamy caramel! A golden bell glinting in the sun, a golden yellow tapestry made of the finest silk. It reminds me of my friend who came by the other night, how strange.

Guessing the base green tea is the same dry grassy Chinese sencha I’ve tasted before in other DF flavored greens. [ EDIT: Now I’m unsure; it might be something else, maybe Mao Feng? ] That type of tea never wows but it’s a great delivery vehicle for this luxuriously fruity and floral, golden cherry plum note to evaporate ever so slowly in the aftertaste. There’s also this natural apricot in the aftertaste that I do think is from the green tea itself. The body is fairly thick and brisk, very mineral-salty and does have some bitterness to it which lingers for a while on the tongue. I like this part, since it gives the experience some more depth. Caramel flavor enhances the impression of deep sweetness and gently contrasts the sun-blushed redder tones of that beautiful mirabelle plum flavor.

It tastes like a gift from the sun.

Steep twice!

Flavors: Apricot, Astringent, Bitter, Caramel, Cherry, Cherry Blossom, Dry Grass, Drying, Floral, Fruity, Milk, Mineral, Plum, Salty, Thick

Cameron B.

That always happens to me when I order from Dammann… Stupid 100g bags. So inexpensive though!

derk

The more to share, though :)

Comments

Cameron B.

derk

The more to share, though :)

Sonoma County, California, USA