drank Lao Man E 2014 Spring by Tea Urchin

Clean energy, happy, calm and numbing vibrancy. The longevity on this one is coming around, the astringency is leaving and the returning sweetness has bared itself fully. The flavor is rounder, the sweetness is balanced with the bitterness. If there is one thing to knock this sheng, despite having a general sweet aftertaste, it’s that the aftertaste lacks definition. But that could just be my oolong-and-black-tea-loving self talking.

The bitterness — the bitterness makes up for that, though. The bitterness feels in suspension in small particles within the thick and sweet body. Each particle penetrates my tongue and braces the whole mouth. It’s a unique and special feeling that arrests my entire being. I take pause.

If there is a common theme among my most coveted teas, it’s that we simply sit with each other.

tea-sipper

The last line is especially great. :D

derk

It’s a good feeling to find a tea that so seamlessly blends with one’s constitution :)