drank 100% Natural Green by Lipton

Oh, nooo…

Had with a Vietnamese vermicelli bowl for lunch today. The tea smelled like swamp. Scratch that. It smelled like a murky puddle thick with algal growth. It tasted like flat and sour buttery dry grass.

The food deserved better, like a basic Vietnamese jasmine green tea. The restaurant even used proper temperature water in the pot.

Mastress Alita

I hate when I order tea in a restaurant and then the tea bag they bring out is a really crap brand…

Leafhopper

Blech! I guess they deserve points for getting the temperature right.

Martin Bednář

Ordering a tea in a restaurant is always a gamble, unless they have stated the brand. But it’s sad to see Lipton, or some other famous brands considered as high-end brand here sometimes.

mrmopar

We are lucky as our Chinese place has excellent tea. But places like it are far and few in between.

Comments

Mastress Alita

Leafhopper

Blech! I guess they deserve points for getting the temperature right.

Martin Bednář

mrmopar

Abandoned the rating system again. Too much work.

Great tea is unforgettable. Good tea is sometimes forgettable. Mediocre tea is forgettable unless I’ve drank enough of it to form an impression. Bad tea is unforgettable, unfortunately.

California, USA