drank Nilgiri Highland Black by Ketlee.in

Surprise freebie kindly included in my order :)

Dry leaf smells very spicy-woody-floral, lots of pine wood and rosewood, undertones of cinnamon and peppermint. The steeped aroma has notes of white grapes, rosewood, milk chocolate (or is it white?), cooked mango, rose. The taste is like a flowing spring. Fruity notes of guava and cooked peaches; a distinct, soft and warm nuttiness; floral; green chillies, spearmint. Oily, almost creamy mouthfeel that supports gentle brisk astringency and minerality. There’s an acidity to the tea that reminds me of gooseberries but it doesn’t taste sour or tart to me. Nutty-herbal-peach pit aftertaste.

Really lovely tea. Complex but not challenging, very easy to drink. I feel a sense of place drinking this.

Flavors: Astringent, Chocolate, Cinnamon, Creamy, Floral, Green Pepper, Guava, Herbs, Mango, Mineral, Nuts, Nutty, Peach, Peppermint, Pine, Rose, Spearmint, Spicy, Spring Water, White Chocolate, White Grapes, Wood

Roswell Strange

How long did it take for your order to arrive? I placed an order in early April but it hasn’t shown up yet…

derk

About 6 weeks for this order which I placed first week of April. Sounds like covid/restrictions hit India pretty hard right after that. Worth the wait, tho. Hope yours shows up soon!

Comments

Roswell Strange

derk

Abandoned the rating system again. Too much work.

Great tea is unforgettable. Good tea is sometimes forgettable. Mediocre tea is forgettable unless I’ve drank enough of it to form an impression. Bad tea is unforgettable, unfortunately.

California, USA