First time had, it was so pithy bitter. Second time had, so sweet! Too sweet? How did I brew it the first time? I don’t remember. Second time was western with a strainer in a mug. Equal parts pomelo rind both times. So why so sweet this time? Roasted honey sweetness and a hint of raisin from the black tea balanced well by dark, citrusy-medicinal taste of the pomelo peel along with mild pithy bitterness and the vibrant sweet-n-sour pomelo note from the pulp mixed in with tea during processing. Minglemingle. The sweet and sour interplay is dynamic. Would make a great wintertime boiler on the stove.

Flavors: Bitter, Citrus Zest, Citrusy, Grapefruit, Honey, Medicinal, Pleasantly Sour, Raisins, Roasty, Sweet

5 g
Cameron B.

This sounds delicious, I love grapefruit and pomelo things! I’ll have to keep it in mind. :D

derk

10g sample, perfect for a try without feeling burdened if you don’t like it.

derk

Following my recommendation as Mountain Stream Teas being a friendly tea company to check out, my boss bought a whole pomelo for his wife for Christmas, along with some other teas of course. And I gave him my unopened packs of Ginger Flower Oolong and Sanxia White Tea. I can’t wait to hear what she thinks of their teas!

Comments

Cameron B.

derk

10g sample, perfect for a try without feeling burdened if you don’t like it.

derk

Eventual tea farmer. If you are a tea grower, want to grow your own plants or are simply curious, please follow me so we can chat.

I most enjoy loose-leaf, unflavored teas and tisanes. Always on the lookout for teas from countries and regions not commonly known for tea production or those that are not well represented in the western market. I seek these teas to gain an understanding, however vague, of how this plant performs in different climates.

bicycle bicycle bicycle