Been drinking this western the past several days. It’s a pretty good tea this way, and I’m able to mostly avoid the parched throat effect. If oversteeped, it tastes like persimmon butter but with a very clean mouthfeel-taste, some kind of spice (allspice?) and plumeria, which I would have never guessed if I hadn’t read Tea Necromancer’s note from years past. Also bitter and a bit parchy.

The fruity flavors aren’t as pronounced or nuanced prepared western as with gongfu but it makes a gulpable and rather caffeinating cup.

Flavors: Apricot, Bitter, Brisk, Cherry, Drying, Flowers, Mineral, Persimmon, Spices, Viscous

Eventual tea farmer. If you are a tea grower, want to grow your own plants or are simply curious, please follow me so we can chat.

I most enjoy loose-leaf, unflavored teas and tisanes. Always on the lookout for teas from countries and regions not commonly known for tea production or those that are not well represented in the western market. I seek these teas to gain an understanding, however vague, of how this plant performs in different climates.

bicycle bicycle bicycle