drank Red Water Oolong by Liquid Proust Teas

From a group buy, how long ago now.

I like to brew this long, otherwise I find the flavor too light. A resinous-bready undertone and mineral baked plum-apricot-quince midtone are greeted by the forward honey-caramel-redfruit sweetness and muted floral nature that roasted oolong can have. The aftertaste reminds strongly of black grape skins. Brewing this long brings out a tongue-numbing and tingly bitter-tannic quality that may put others off but I find it especially satisfying in the moment. Gently grounding energy this evening, much needed after a morning at work where I thought for sure my head was going to spin right off.

Flavors: Apricot, Bread, Camphor, Caramel, Cream, Dark Bittersweet, Floral, Grape Skin, Honey, Mineral, Plum, Quince, Red Fruits, Resin, Roasty, Tangy, Tannin

205 °F / 96 °C 5 g 3 OZ / 100 ML
gmathis

January is like that at my work, too.

Comments

gmathis

January is like that at my work, too.

Eventual tea farmer. If you are a tea grower, want to grow your own plants or are simply curious, please follow me so we can chat.

I most enjoy loose-leaf, unflavored teas and tisanes. Always on the lookout for teas from countries and regions not commonly known for tea production or those that are not well represented in the western market. I seek these teas to gain an understanding, however vague, of how this plant performs in different climates.

bicycle bicycle bicycle