drank No. 328 Yuzu Midori by Paper & Tea

Good morning :)

A combination of dewy, silky matcha, grassy kukicha and subtle piney-citrusy yuzu peel. Roasted nut nose. Brisk, mineral and tingly mouthfeel. Hints of butter and vegetables. Sweet feeling in the throat. Paper & Tea says invigorating — that’s a good description. Yuzu is gone with the second steep and it’s somewhat drying. Edit: Yuzu came out after cooling. Future cups will probably consist of one 3-minute steep at a lower temp.

Simple and satisfying, this will be a good morning bracer during this week’s heatwave. Thanks, Martin :) Anything yuzu is welcome in my house!

personal crap below

You know, I want to bring up something I heard yesterday that left a feeling I can’t shake. I was picking up my bicycle from the mechanic downtown after having several parts replaced. A customer in front of me started berating the shop owner (sole employee who puts his blood, sweat and tears into this business) about a perceived lack of communication and how everybody has been trying to sleight him since Covid began. He kept escalating the situation in front of the owner’s young son. Then this came out of the customer’s mouth: “You know it’s really difficult as a consumer (true emphasis here) to know where to put my money these days.” I thought, damn, his identity is wrapped up in consuming. I mean, I know everybody has been stressed, tensions are high. But the impression is sticking around. And then to hear the CFO of Bed Bath & Beyond jumped to his death in NYC the other day from 18 stories…

I can’t put into words what this makes me feel. I wish you all inner peace. Have some tea. Reflect on who you are and what you want to bring to this world in your relatively short time here.

Flavors: Brisk, Butter, Drying, Grassy, Mineral, Pine, Roasted Nuts, Silky, Vegetables, Yuzu

175 °F / 79 °C 2 min, 0 sec 3 g 8 OZ / 250 ML
gmathis

Very, very well said, friend! Amen.

mrmopar

Absolutely, inner peace leads to outer peace.

Martin Bednář

Well said by the others. It is indeed hard times we are going through nowadays, but we shouldn’t lose hope it can get better.

ashmanra

So sad. I am sorry you had to witness that, but thank you for sharing it so we can all try to be more aware of tending our own peace and hopefully letting it spill over on others.

Comments

gmathis

Very, very well said, friend! Amen.

mrmopar

Absolutely, inner peace leads to outer peace.

Martin Bednář

ashmanra

Eventual tea farmer. If you are a tea grower, want to grow your own plants or are simply curious, please follow me so we can chat.

I most enjoy loose-leaf, unflavored teas and tisanes. Always on the lookout for teas from countries and regions not commonly known for tea production or those that are not well represented in the western market. I seek these teas to gain an understanding, however vague, of how this plant performs in different climates.

bicycle bicycle bicycle