drank Kruška Jabuka Šljiva by Naturavita

It has finally cooled off this evening! To celebrate, I’m having Pear Apple Plum gifted by Martin.

It smells exactly like red apples/apple juice foremost, mixed with the strongest pear aroma I’ve encountered in a tea and a deep jammy-tart berry/blueberry/vaguely plummy/hibiscus base. It tastes mostly of tart-verging-sour hibiscus.

A thought. IMO, tartness is a bright something experienced on the tongue, short-lived. Sourness is a sharper, more gripping feel that pinches somewhere in the back of the mouth/lower jaw/salivary glands.

Normally with flavored teas, it drives me nuts that I can’t taste the flavor, only smell it. Here, I can find some of it hiding in the hibiscus before it pops out again as I swallow.

This was a pleasant tea I’d recommend to people with a love of strong orchard fruit notes. For me this was a too cloyingly apple and in general intense with that jammy-tart profile but very well done, especially the pear flavoring!

Flavors: Acidic, Berry, Blueberry, Fruity, Hibiscus, Jam, Pear, Pleasantly Sour, Red Apple, Tart

Martin Bednář

I also loved the pear flavoring in this one. I may consider ordering another box.

Comments

Martin Bednář

Eventual tea farmer. If you are a tea grower, want to grow your own plants or are simply curious, please follow me so we can chat.

I most enjoy loose-leaf, unflavored teas and tisanes. Always on the lookout for teas from countries and regions not commonly known for tea production or those that are not well represented in the western market. I seek these teas to gain an understanding, however vague, of how this plant performs in different climates.

bicycle bicycle bicycle