Vaguely honeybush, tart from white hibiscus but it doesn’t mix well with the grapefruit oil and honeybush. Little bit of ginger pokes through. Don’t notice the licorice root at all. I see where the idea was going but there’s nothing juicy about this to make me think grapefruit.

If the best I can say about Grapefruit Honeybush is that the wrapper is a gorgeous color, then frankly, this tea sucks. The remaining bags are being ambient brewed to get rid of it. If that turns out as poorly as the hot cup, at least it’ll serve a purpose as a soil acidifier for my tea plants.

Flavors: Acidic, Bitter, Citrus Zest, Dirt, Ginger, Musty

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML
Martin Bednář

Happens to me very often! Wonderful wrapper, bad tea inside. Shame it is not good.

derk

Pitcher was no good. Martin, I saved a bag for you to add to your collection. Drink it if you want!

Comments

Martin Bednář

derk

Eventual tea farmer. If you are a tea grower, want to grow your own plants or are simply curious, please follow me so we can chat.

I most enjoy loose-leaf, unflavored teas and tisanes. Always on the lookout for teas from countries and regions not commonly known for tea production or those that are not well represented in the western market. I seek these teas to gain an understanding, however vague, of how this plant performs in different climates.

bicycle bicycle bicycle