Puerh Plus TTB - Finished
The box is just about ready to mail. Here is the final list of participants:
Gooseberry spoon MN
obritten WI Lost contact with Steepster
JWhisk OH Asked to be deleted
The rules are similar to previous TTBs. Last time I limited the amount of puerh that could be replaced with non-puerh tea, but it seemed unnecessary, so there are no restrictions.
1. Please follow everyone on the list. It will make it easier to coordinate changes.
2. Take as much of each tea as you want and replace it with an equal amount of tea. Please try to add where you bought the tea. Don’t put more than about 1 oz of any one tea in the box. You don’t need a lot of variety; we get that by having a lot of people on the list. Adding only 2 or 3 teas is OK as long as the weight is the same. Try to maintain the quality level as well.
3. NO FLAVORED TEAS (other than flavored puerh)
4. Please post your additions plus any teas that you finished off to this topic, so others can track the contents.
5. Try to send the box on to the next person within a week to ten days. PM them for their address when you receive the box. You can get their address in advance, but please don’t skip this step. Boxes have gone missing due to summer vacation, moves, etc. You can always take samples to drink later. Try to write reviews; it lets us all participate vicariously.
6. Try to wrap the teas well. There’s been a lot of discussion about packing for TTBs elsewhere on Steepster, and the consensus is that thin baggies don’t seal well enough. Heavier gauge ziplock seems okay but the consensus is that foil is best.
7. There are separate large bags to separate shou from sheng. There is also a separate bag for non-puerh tea.
8. Mail via 2nd-day mail and get a tracking number. In general, a single-rate box is NOT the best option. However, for trips of more than about 700 miles, it might be. Please replace the box if it’s getting beaten up.
9. When you mail the box, PM me and the person you are sending it to with the tracking number. Also post to the thread the fact that the box has been mailed, along with a list of what you’ve added and what you tried. Mention if you took the last sample.
Sorry for all the small print. I will post again when I send out the box.
Here are the initial Contents:
1990’s HK style W2T
2005 6FTM Nannuo TuochaTea
2005 Teji Tuo W2T
2005 Yiwu Chawang YQH
2006 Chawang YQH
2006 Fengqing Teavivre
2007 Aged Raw W2T
2007 Clouds and Fog Mandala
2007 Menghai Jewel Puerhshop
2007 Repave W2T
2008 Mengku Banmu Puerhshop
2009 Banchang Butiki
2010 Dong YS
2010 Shang Jiang Mengku Arbor’s Peak
2011 Gaoshanzhai Puerhshop
2011 Mangfei Puerhshop
2011 Mangfei Puerhshop
2012 Ku Zhu Mtn Mandala
2012 MGH Eco Big Tree Puerhshop
2013 Do Xue 5 Century Mandala
2013 Master Han’s Verdant
2013 Peacock Tea Urchin
2014 Autumn W2T
2014 Huang Pian W2T
2014 Master Han’s Verdant
2014 Master Han’s Bamboo Verdant
2015 Little Walk W2T
2015 Spring W2T
Mid-2000’s Wet Raw (W2T freebie) W2T
1998 White Tuo (Ripe) W2T
1999 Golden Tea Royal Tea Bay
2002 Master Han’s Verdant
2005 Haiwan Fragrance of Cassia Twigs Berlleb
2007 Menghai 7752 YS
2007 PursueYSYX Tuocha Puerhshop
2008 Menghai 7632 Menghai Dayi (MrMopar)
2009 Cha tuo sheng yun YS
2009 Menghai 7572 Chitse Tuocha Tea
2009 Yunnan Menghai Dayi Golden Brick King Tea
2010 Hai Long Hao “As you like” Yunnan Sourcing
2010 Nan Jian Tu Lin Tuo Yunnan Sourcing
2010 Star of Menghai Menghai Dayi
2011 Menghai 8592 Menghai Dayi
2011 Xiaguan Canger Puerhshop
2012 BanZhang LaoManE Golden Buds Streetshop 88
2012 Huron Gold Needle Whispering Pines
2013 Menghai Dan Qing Menghai Dayi
2013 Ontario WP
2015 Lord of the Lakes Whispering Pines
2016 Old Reliable W2T
7 Years Aged YS
Fun Times Liquid Proust
Jacked Raw Liquid Proust
Midnight in the Garden White Puerh August Uncommon
Mini Tuos Various
Puerh ABC Tea House
Rummy Pu Liquid Proust
Velour Leaf Happy Lucky
Milk Oolong Rosali
2015 Silver Needle Feng Qing Yunnan Sourcing
Yokota #3 Kuki Houjicha Yunomi
Black Sunshine Andrew & Dunham
Octoberfest Andrew & Dunham
Yabao Whispering Pines
Myanmac Wild Buds White2Tea
White Cloud Silk Road Teas
Organic Sencha Den’s Tea
2015 Long Mei Green Tea Yunnan Sourcing
Thanks in advance for setting this up!
Hahah always last xD
You’re in NY, I’m in MA. It was either send it straight back to you or else let the contents change for a few months. Maybe if you’re real nice I’ll let you see PTTB-5 first.
Thanks for setting this up! I’m looking forward to participating.
I mailed it out today so it’s officially on its way. Should arrive Tuesday.
Thank you! This will be my first TTB, I’m excited!
Yay! Thank you so much!
The tea box arrived yesterday! I was just getting home from a trip and didn’t have time to get into it much, so I’m diving in today and it’s great fun! :D
Well I recieved some foil seal bags, some sheng, and a more accurate scale in the mail all this week so I’m all prepared.
I probably need to look into some better packaging materials myself. Where did you get your foil bags if I may ask?
If you just google foil ziplock you’ll find a ton. Amazon has a bunch. I also threw in a half-dozen of the 4 mil poly bags that I use just in case someone needed them.
I got them from an Amazon link from one of the other posts here. Can’t see to find it on my mobile right now, but it shouldn’t be too hard to find.