Yatra Tea Company: 2018 Sales and Promotions
March Madness is in full swing at Yatra Tea Company (https://www.yatrateacompany.com/shop/)! This means big savings on ALL our products.
1) Yatra Sampler – If you’re curious about who we are and what we sell, this is the perfect introduction. 10 single estate teas from India and Nepal. Premium grade, Orthodox production $16 (down from $20)
2) NEW in our shop, organically produced green tea from Fatikcherra Estate in Tripura with an introductory price of $8 (down from $10)
3) Darjeelings: Delicious Goomtee priced at $13 (down from $22). Succulent Thurbo priced at $11 (down from $19)
4) Assams: World renowned “tippy” Halmari widely considered the best Assam produced, priced at $11 (down from $15). Bold Khongea priced at $8 (down from $11). Doomni’s succulent white peony priced at $10 (down from $13)
5) Nilgiris: Glendale’s high grown beauty priced at $7 (down from $10). Craigmore priced at $5 (down from $7)
6) Nepal’s hidden gem Sakhira priced at $9 (down from $12). Note – we have 5 bags or less of this tea left.
Sale runs through Thursday 3/22! Items ship in the US for as low as $3.99. If you’re out of the US, message us for shipping and we can figure out something that works for you!
Thank you for reading!
Thinking of placing two orders. I have never tried any teas from Nepal so this would be first on my list. As for the Darjeelings, which would you recommend? You know my preferences for Darjeeling tea.
Hey – personally, I love the Sakhira from Nepal, so much so that I’ve requested the producer to make me something similar this spring. Hoping that materialises!
Given your preference for later invoice Spring Darjeelings, go for the Thurbo (DJ 39). I personally like the DJ 5 Goomtee, but I like the early invoice Darjeelings even though I find them more finicky. Whichever you order, I’ll send you a sample of the other.
Thanks – keen to hear what you think of the teas!
OK. Placed my order for the Sakhira and Thurbo.
Thanks for giving us a try! Given your in depth knowledge of Spring Darjeelings, I’m curious to hear your thoughts on the Thurbo. Hopefully you will also enjoy your first foray into the world of Nepali teas through the Sakhira!
The First Flush Thurbo Estate, 2017 Darjeeling was very good.
Hits all the flavor notes of a Spring Flush Darjeeling. Good balance of flavor and astringency. Just a little light on depth and body. It’s a Spring Flush Darjeeling, so the depth and body may not be a concern. The taste is good and the tea is all the better with the low cost. Yes, depending on preferences, you can buy a better Darjeeling. The thing is marginal gains. Would you be willing to pay more than 3 times the price to get that last ounce of body and depth?
The teas come packaged in ziplock Mylar bas and the customer support is very good. Lots of other retailers offer Darjeeling teas. I especially like retailers trying to up their game by really reaching out and listening to customer comments.
I am not employed by Yatra. I am not a fake customer. I am a real consumer enjoying the taste of the Yatra teas. I can go on and on write a clinical analysis but I won’t.
Give their teas a try.